Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: std page

Edda is offline Junior Member

std

Primal Fuel
    hello everybody,

i'm kind of deperate because i just got my test back and i have a lot of ureaplasma urealyticum in my vagina. i don't have pain or anything, but i know my doc will give me antibiotics, and i really really don't want to take any because i know they make me sick-sick-sick.
    i also have a little gardnerella vaginalis and stayphylococcon (yeah i know, i feel very besmirched dirty and befouled) but these are only a few and i guess the real problem is the ureaplasma..
    is there another way to get rid of that sh*t without any antibiotics? please help!
    btw i'm 34 and female

stormcrow is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edda View Post
    hello everybody,

i'm kind of deperate because i just got my test back and i have a lot of ureaplasma urealyticum in my vagina. ....
    btw i'm 34 and female

OK, I just had to laugh at this one!

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Edda-

Is there a Naturopathic or Holistic physician you can see? Some infections can be treated with vaginal suppositories (as opposed to an oral medication) plus some things can be treated with a natural medication such as Tea Tree Oil. I'm not familiar with the maladies you listed but if you want to treat them naturally you should see a doctor that specializes in natural treatment.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    I would have to disagree. First, I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.

Second, these bugs can lead to infertility if not treated and are rapidly developing antibiotic resistance. You should take the medication your doctor prescribed ASAP and as close to as directed as possible (e.g., if it is a twice a day, take as close to every 12 hours as you can possibly do). You should take probiotics or yogurt daily at least 2 hours away from your antibiotic dose during this time and for 30 days after in ord to prevent a dangerous complication called c. Diff.

You probably already know that condoms are best for a nonmonogamous sexual encounter (not making any assumptions about your choices up to this as there are so many possibilities including partner dishonesty) and also DO NOT DOUCHE. The rates of infection and infertility for women who douche vs those who do not is staggering... I think of it like smoking in that there is no question how bad it is but it is hard to get women to stop.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    ^Agreed completely with loafingcactus. Don't mess around with this.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    natural yoghurt and stop washing with soap or feminine hygiene products. use something like sanex 0%.
    by the way none of these a classed as an std; you may have picked them up during sex but you probably didn't.- they're probably present because your natural genital flora (Lactobacillus ) has been disturbed - restore the natural balance with a good quality unflavored, unsweetened yoghurt
    if it doesn't clear up use antibiotics
    When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
    27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
    new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Ah, see I say about not making assumptions and there we go... I had incorrectly remembered gardnerella as being a STI.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

haha oops i could have been intersexual though :P
    sigh. thank you for your sympathy.
    it's just, last time i took antibiotics i was sick three or four times afterwards.. i had an angina (i guess the word is the same in english as in german) and got antibiotics and i just got every stupid virus floating around me after that. my immune system was just kaputt! and all the docors gave me more and more antibiotics and i only stopped being sick after i said: i won't take these pills anymore, i can heal myself, and my body just did that and i had only one minor infection since then.
    i think the biggest problem with std is that no doctor does the right tests. i was at the clinic where you get tested WITH my bf (i even heard him scream when they shoved that thing up his penis) and he had nothing, said the tests. problem is, ureaplasma is only found in the prostate, so when you do smears from the penis or urethra they won't show up, they only show up when you test fresh ejaculate. and chlamydia doesn't get tested at all here in europe except when you ask especially to get tested for them. i'll go abstinent from now. bah.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    There is a very interesting and useful zine called "Hot Pants" which contains many natural remedies for this kind of thing. It's not easy to track a copy down but you should be able to find someone distributing it online. It may have some useful advice.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i read somewhere that yoghurt doesn't help at all because something from the lactobacillus from the yoghurt just isn't the right thing for a vagina. i have those gyno-pills though with the right bacteria in it and i'll use them for two or three weeks and then make another test. the bad bacteria are just in my vagina, not the cervix or urethra, so maybe i can kill them off. i'll think good strengthening thoughts to my vagina and send positive energy. :P and won't let anything near it. no tampons no soap (i don't use soap at all on my body because my skin is too sensitive) no boyfriend. what do you think about coconut oil? it's supposed to be anti-bacterial. should i use some?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast