Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 13 Worst Diet Wreckers page 4

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by maurile View Post
    Xylitol is primal? That seems off.
    Mark gives xylitol the "ok" brand.

Better than the most of the others at least.

Are Sugar Alcohols Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Just a quick warning on xylitol. It is toxic to dogs and it doesn't take much to be lethal, depending on the size of the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Just a quick warning on xylitol. It is toxic to dogs and it doesn't take much to be lethal, depending on the size of the dog.
    Yeah, Mark has a mention of this in his article on sugar alcohols. I'm not really sure why you'd be giving it to a dog on the first place... But yeah, don't.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Hugh Gray is offline Junior Member
    Originally Posted by eKatherine Dry cereal tends to be more satiating if you pour heavy cream over it. I haven't done that in a couple of decades. Oh man. My granddad used to mix cool whip with milk and...I think it was cornflakes. And sprinkle some sugar on top.

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    Yeah, Mark has a mention of this in his article on sugar alcohols. I'm not really sure why you'd be giving it to a dog on the first place... But yeah, don't.
    I don't know if you've ever had a dog, but it's not necessarily about giving it to them willingly, so much as making sure they don't get into it when you're not looking.
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborcat View Post
    I don't know if you've ever had a dog, but it's not necessarily about giving it to them willingly, so much as making sure they don't get into it when you're not looking.
    Yeah, had a dog when we were growing up, so this is not news to me. But I'd think there are plenty of ways to safely ensure this from ever happening.

A little common sense when working with foods you want to keep away from pets goes a long way.

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    True, but sugar isn't bad like wheat, unless you're insulin resistant. Eat it after a killer workout, or just rarely as a treat.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    I agree with this. I'm much more sensitive to wheat than sugar. I do make sure to limit intake if I'm in a period of inactivity though (weeks, not daily/hourly).
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

Cavedude is offline Senior Member
    used to love cheerios with sliced up bananas on top. or blueberries! bah!
    "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Satisfied smile that most of this list is no longer a problem. All soft drinks taste really bad. Like Texas-Grok, I find the zero-cal stuff revolting. We never have cereal, but occasionally my grandkids talk my son into some sweetened cereal, it is just awful.

Still have trouble with my "won't power" and revert to the "see food" diet on this items
    1. Chips: Just can't leave the blue corn chips alone. The bag can sit there unopened for weeks and I'm OK. Then someone opens the bag, andits all over.
    2. Ice Cream: The wife occasionally needs a "fix." Once opened--its gone.

Jeremyjack is offline Junior Member
    Dried up cereal is often a lot more satiating when you dump hefty cream around that. I haven't performed that will throughout a number of generations.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast