Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your #1 tip page

PrimalFreedom is offline Senior Member

Your #1 tip

Primal Fuel
    What are the 1 or 2 keys to your personal success? I love learning from others success!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Mindset. Change how you think about everything. Workouts, nutrition, job, everything.

Sent via A-10 Warthog

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    Don't give up. One bad day doesn't mean every day from that point on has to be bad. A new day means a new beginning.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hormonal blood work. Getting diagnosed with a hormonal imbalance and going on treatment has completely changed my life! Total inner transformation, and the outer is following
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat the small stuff.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Remember you have many decades to live. You probably don't want to look back and realized you wasted them worrying about dumb stuff.

Once you get the food dialed in, move on! I stay here to watch the arguments. I don't even call it a forum anymore, I just say I'm "checking the arguments" when the wife asks where I am. But this unmoderated forum has become a death trap, a snake-pit of sugar addicts dedicated to derailing new Primal people from their goals. So, read the book, follow the book, and treat everybody here as casual entertainment, which we all are. If you need help resolving something, look to threads older than 2012 for the best advice.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    xxx

Wrote something and then cbb.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    My #1 tip is to stay out of the MDA forums. For the first year, at least.

You crave what you eat.

You can get used to eating things you never thought you'd like (like plain yogurt) and eventually you WANT to eat those foods. I recently weaned myself off of salad dressing so that now I eat my salads plain. As a matter of fact I'm sitting here eating a bag of lettuce like a bag of chips and that's what I was craving this morning.
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    You can't deprive yourself and expect it to be a life long change. So you need to create a healthy diet, in which you enjoy your meals and make room for occasional treats.

Also.... well, sometimes just use common sense and be patient. Really, very, very few people are fat because they ate 1/2 of a banana, 1/2 cup of rice or had an occasional beer. They are fat because they just chronically ate too much. And it takes time to fix that. And fixating on the 1/4 lb you gained when you had 1/2 a banana and deciding bananas made you fat so you can't have berries, carrots, squash or celery while eating 3000 calories of bacon and butter evades common sense.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast