Thread: Diabetes advice page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

Diabetes advice

Primal Fuel
    I've a friend, older lady, who's just been diagnosed with diabetes. I'd like to introduce her to paleo/primal because I'm sure it can help. Has anyone come across, or know of a book, written specifically from the perspective of curing diabetes, that I can pass into her?

I don't want to swamp her with too much science, but something that reassures her that going against her doctors advice (healthy grains!) is not going to make the diabetes worse.

Thanks.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thaijinx View Post
    I've a friend, older lady, who's just been diagnosed with diabetes. I'd like to introduce her to paleo/primal because I'm sure it can help. Has anyone come across, or know of a book, written specifically from the perspective of curing diabetes, that I can pass into her?

I don't want to swamp her with too much science, but something that reassures her that going against her doctors advice (healthy grains!) is not going to make the diabetes worse.

Thanks.
    The book I've found most recommended is Diabetic Solution by Dr. Bernstein:

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution. A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars. Official Web Site

The man has been living with Type I diabetes for 64 years himself. Also, this book addresses the specific needs of a diabetic..... as opposed to just telling them "hey eat primal". Primal would be the context of food quality, but this book can aid in the programming and monitoring necessary.

loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Exactly. Bernstein is the book to get.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

thaijinx is offline Senior Member
    Thanks.
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    “Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it.” ~ Buddha