Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best cracker for pate????

Hybrid View

Best cracker for pate????

Hey

So, I bought a blender so that I could make home made pate to get liver into my diet. I would 'normally' eat pate with crackers, and so now looking at alternatives or ideas of what to use instead.

Thanks!
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

I just made some hemp seed crackers that were really good. They have cheese in them, so if you do dairy you may want to check them out. They're really simple to make too

Family Chow 7/30/13 – With Crock Pot Pizza Dip & Hemp Seed Crackers Recipes | FEED THE CLAN
    www.feedtheclan.com

Check out my blog to see how a family of four eats real, whole foods on $85/week

I usually substitute cucumber slices or bell pepper wedges for crackers. Not sure how it would go with a liver pate but maybe experiment with some veggies that you like to eat raw. To me, carrots and liver go well together, but I'm not sure about pate on them vs. them in pate.
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

12 week health challenge (95%, more moving)
    Start -- March 1st -- 173.4
    End -- May 24th -- 158.6

Whole foods and other HFS sell flaxseed crackers that don't have gluten or very many carbs. The book Primal Cravings has a couple of primal approved cracker recipes also. I personally usually just go with cut up raw vegetables for dipping.

I am particularly fond of tomatoes with pate they add the juiciness. I just make a pile of largish slices of tomato on a plate and spread on the pate on them, salt and pepper and enjoy, delish!!
    Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

A spoon!

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    A spoon!
    Exactly!

Or, at a froufrou dinner I went to recent I was served pâté on top of steak.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    A spoon!
    +1
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

rice crackers?

These crackers are like crack: Absolutely Gluten Free, Crackers, Original, 4.4 Oz (125g) (Pack of 3): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Ingredients
    Tapioca starch, water, potato starch, potato flour, expeller pressed palm oil, natural vinegar, honey, egg yolks, salt
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams