Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best cracker for pate????

Shop Now
    What works really well is raw jicama. Nice and firm and flavor neutral. I always use it as a substitute for crackers, even for non-paleo people.

Cucumbers are my favorite--peel in stripes so they retain a grip and slice diagonally so they have a scooping edge.
    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

I've used this before: Flourless Cheesy Bread Recipe | The Nourished Life

or, just a spoon
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    A spoon!
    Exactly!

Or, at a froufrou dinner I went to recent I was served pâté on top of steak.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

I love eating my pate with a fork and a bunch of veggies (like a side salad, etc.). We have a French place down the street that serves pate (the kind that's molded so it has gelatin on one edge and comes in thick slices... I cut off some of the pate, dab on some heavenly Dijon, capers, balsamic, and a cornichon, and *nom* - comes w/baby greens, cabbage/carrots, etc. Dressed in a basic vinaigrette. (I'm often sharing the dish, so I don't ask them to hold the toast points)

At home, and/or with softer pates, cucumber is probably what I'd do, but I might have to try some of these cracker recipes! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    A spoon!
    +1
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Crunchmaster gluten free crackers are good. Amazon and Sam's Club carry them. Or cucumbers work well too!

Rice cakes are good if you've got something you want to eat a portion of, not a smear.

I've been eating pâté for lunch for a couple of weeks now. My favorite scooper is celery, but I've also enjoyed bell pepper. I think cucumber would be good as well, but my last batch of pâté was a little too stiff for cucumber. The thing I like about celery is that if it's sweet and mild, the crunch is almost crackerish. I do think something with a bit of crunch is nice with pâté. I'm not a fan of rice things as a substitute for wheat crackers, because they have a hard crispiness that screams, "I'm not wheat!". Veggie substitutes don't have the same pressure in my mind.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Shop Now
    I like pate on sliced tart apples, jicama, or celery.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html