Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal (Alexis47) page 3

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Day 17 (8/22/2013)

Breakfast: bacon, turkey, chai tea (Kerrygold, coconut oil, heavy cream), raw cheddar
    Snack (3:00 pm): 2 squares 99% dark chocolate, macadamia nuts, almonds, raisins
    Dinner: bacon, hot dogs, guacamole, scrambled eggs (ate aprox. 2 eggs)

Workout: walked 20 minutes. Did another 6 mph run test--2 minutes 32 seconds, an improvement by 32 seconds. Also went outside and attempts to sort of climb a tree (probably doesn't count, but whatever).

Other: tried eggs again. Not sure if they're making me feel sick or not, since I'm quite tired anyway. Probably won't have them for a while, just to be sure. Also, I spent over an hour or so outside today.

Uh, yeah. Eggs were a bad idea. I had a substantially less severe reaction than the last time I tried them, but there was still a reaction, bloating and all. I'll try again in a month or two with soy-free pastured eggs instead of just free range organic.

Day 18 (8/23/2013)

Breakfast: half pack of bacon, chai tea (kerrygold, coconut oil, heavy cream), raw cheddar, blueberries and yogurt
    Lunch: steak and chicken, bell peppers, onions, guacamole, tomato salsa
    Snack: almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins
    Dinner: salad with misc. green stuff, a lot of chicken, cranberries, apple slices, almonds, grapes, feta

Workout: heavy lifting. Only did one set of each, but this was probably the most intense one I've done, ever. I think this is the first workout where I have actually dripped sweat in excess (doesn't happen easily to me). Managed to break every personal record I have so far for each category: 12 incline pushups where the negative part was dragged out to five counts, held at the bottom for another five, and then push back up in under one count, 47 good quality squats, 18 2-leg assisted pull-ups, plank for 1 minute 8 seconds, and side planks for an average of 1 minute each. I later walked around the local botanic gardens for about 45 minutes.

Other: acquired more food from Central Market. This includes 1/2 lbs ground lamb, 1 lb chicken thighs with skins and bones, 2.78 lbs top sirloin, around 2 lbs lamb loin, 1 lb fresh salmon, heavy cream, different varieties of bacon, some raw feta, a lot of vegetables and greens, some sweet potatoes, and berries. Our food is quickly becoming mostly purchased at Central Market instead of Walmart. It absolutely tastes better.

Day 19 (8/24/2013)

Breakfast: yogurt and blueberries, then hot dogs and zucchini slices later
    Snack: almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins, 1 square 99% dark chocolate
    Dinner: lemon rosemary salmon, zucchini and spinach with butter and olive oil

Workout: rest day

(8/31/2013)

Obviously, I'm not posting as frequently anymore.
    Food has been fairly good recently, lots of steak and bacon. Cheese hasn't been appealing to me lately, which is strange.
    Workouts have changed a bit--I do strength training three times a week now (only 20 minutes each), and my slow moving is covered well enough by climbing stairs two at a time at school with a textbook filled bag. I usually eat nuts and raisins before workouts.
    Activity today was strength training and sprinting. I made improvements on incline pushups (one more than Thursday), squats, and assisted pull-ups (using only one leg now!), but no progress on plank. For sprinting, I was out of energy so I only did three sprints, but my heart wasn't out of control after like it had been in the past.

Good things that happened lately:
    My stepmother's boss can supply us with $2 a dozen local, organic, pastured eggs, and fresh raw goat's milk every two weeks.
    Less stomach and digestion issues.
    Classes this year are both difficult and fun. I actually enjoyed quizzes in Statistics and PreCalculus.
    I no longer need an alarm to wake up.

Bad things that have happened lately:
    Had to deal with lots of CW crap from my stepmother. I usually wait until she's gone to eat breakfast now so she doesn't see how much I'm eating.
    More anxiety than usual.
    Couldn't eat enough protein on Thursday due to lack of food, which probably hurt strength gains.
    Horrible sleep. Just wretched quality.

(9/2/2013)

Progress update on pushups: I can now lower myself to the ground and hold there for a while easily but I can't push myself up yet. Perhaps in a week or two.

(9/6/2013)

Food updates: I can apparently eat eggs perfectly fine now, if they're pastured. Raw egg yolk seems to work best, and tastes good as a sauce for steak. (Steak is making frequent appearances in my regular diet.) I'm eating cottage cheese regularly instead of yogurt now. I also have had a fondness for kiwifruit the past week. I'm still skipping lunch daily. It's just way easier than packing one.

Workout updates: more push-up troubleshooting--I've determined that my main problem is my chest muscles. Quite simply put, I've never used them, and have just figured out how to, sort of. I'm only now grasping the whole "mind-muscle" concept. To work on my chest muscles, I'm doing dumbbell flyes and targeting the area during planks.

Misc. updates: I found out that I'm first in my class of 501 people! And tomorrow I'm going to visit the college I want to go to for a tour that they run every couple of months.

Okay, I found a local farm that sells grass fed beef cheaper than anything we've found in stores or online, so I told my parents about that.

Now we're apparently going to buy a freezer to store meat in. And half a cow. We're actually going to buy half of a cow. Gotta say, I didn't really expect to be doing that this early on.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Recent happenings:

I was able to do pushups on Friday. Ten of them. Not as low as I'd like, but low enough to call it.
    I sprinted across a quarter of my neighborhood on Saturday morning, and matched speed with my father. And that was after I had pulled my calf muscle in the middle of the night somehow. (We kept passing our neighbors, who have a bunch of dogs that tried to follow us. It was cute.)
    I downed a 22 oz bone-in ribeye at my birthday dinner last night, and could have eaten more. (It had a crust made of clarified butter, salt, and black pepper. Amazing. My stepmother and father stuck to fillet mignon. I had a bit and it tasted bland.) I also stayed primal (enough) for the whole meal. It may have been conventional stuff, but it was high-quality, good tasting, sugarless, etc.
    I was able to eat eight eggs in one day, all pastured, with no problems at all.
    I had bison sausages, turkey bacon, and runny fried eggs all crammed into an oversized mug for breakfast this morning.
    I donated my first pint of blood today. (My hemoglobin level was 14. I'm getting a free cholesterol test too, so I can prove some people wrong about how I eat in a few days.) Didn't hurt a bit. I never felt faint, dizzy, lightheaded, or even hungry after. Honestly, I only ate the nuts and fruit I brought so they'd let me leave without having to eat some crappy packaged cookies.

Yep, feeling pretty great.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123