Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Alexis47) page 2

Alexis47 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 8 (8/13/2013)

Pre-workout: handful of almonds
    Breakfast: chicken breast cooked in olive oil, sharp cheddar, grape tomatoes, strawberries, three slices bacon, coconut water
    Lunch: turkey with 1 tsp butter, two hot dogs, salad with 1/4 cup canned salmon, olive oil, grape tomatoes, lettuce and spinach, bell pepper slices
    Dinner: meatza (1/2 lbs 92% lean ground beef, sharp cheddar, raw white cheddar, uncured pepperoni), raspberries, blackberries

Workout: heavy lifting. Better in some areas than Friday, worse in others. Incline push-ups: 25 first round, 17 second. Squats: 45 first round, 35 second. 2 leg assisted pull-ups: 12 both rounds. Plank: about 50 seconds each. Side plank: 35 seconds each. I tried to do a full normal push-up later on in the day, and could not. Disappointing. I can't move on until I can do at least one. Later I went on a short 10 minute walk.

Other: I was tired most of the day. Slept very poorly. I've also been bloated recently, unsure as to why. I was able to get through the day without being hungry between meals though, which is good. I'm going to try adjusting my meals in the next two weeks if possible to breakfast and dinner only, with possibly a snack around 3:30, so I don't have to pack any food for lunch at school.

Day 9 (8/14/2013)

Breakfast: turkey, chicken breast, bacon, salad with bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and 1 tbsp coconut oil, yogurt with blackberries, raspberries
    Snack (4:15 pm): almonds and macadamia nuts, 1 tbsp coconut oil
    Dinner: turkey, 2 hot dogs, large bowl of vegetables (grape tomatoes, bell peppers, carrots) and guacamole, 2 squares 99% dark chocolate

Workout: supposed to be a rest day. Wasn't very restful.

Day 10 (8/15/2013)

Breakfast: last of the turkey, chicken breast, raw cheddar, grape tomatoes, carrots, yogurt with wild blueberries, chai tea with 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp coconut oil
    Snack (3:10 pm): 2 slices bacon, 2 squares 99% dark chocolate
    Dinner: 6 oz fillet mignon seared in ghee, steamed broccoli
    Immediately after dinner snack: almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Workout: did another 6 mph run test--made it to 2 minutes this time without dying or anything, which is 41 seconds better than last time. Walked a bit after, and went on a 20 minute walk outside, for a total of 30 minutes. It's quite obvious that most of today has been catching up on the rest missed yesterday due to various stressors.

Other: I wasn't hungry at all between breakfast and the snack I had this afternoon. Which is good. However, I seem to be eating a lot. I think breakfast was 1000 calories. Snack was about 200. Dinner was probably 500, and the snack after dinner was about 300. Should I really be eating this much? I don't know. Not trying to lose weight, and trying to gain muscle, so probably? I don't even know. I just know that I'm still kind of hungry after all that. I'm fasting on Saturdays until dinner, so that brings the average weekly down, so it probably doesn't matter much if I eat so much during the week.

And once more, I'm thinking I'm eating too much, and attempting to justify it to myself. I really need to keep a watch on that--I certainly don't want my old eating disorder to take hold again.

Day 11 (8/16/2013)

Pre-workout: small amount of almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins
    Breakfast: very large chicken breast, three slices bacon, grape tomatoes, carrots, yogurt with wild blueberries, chai tea with 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp gelatin, small amount heavy cream
    Snack (4:00 pm): small cube sharp cheddar, green tea with coconut oil, heavy cream
    Dinner: salad (chicken, bacon, lettuce, spinach, some sort of cheese), 2 squares 99% dark chocolate

Workout: heavy lifting. Did a total of 50 squats, 12 assisted pull-ups, 2 negatives for pull-ups, 1 minute plank, 45 seconds side planks, and 6 push-up negatives. Later on, I did four more of these, and they were much easier and smoother. (Still really difficult though, just more do-able.) Also: my arms are really quite sore. Less so than earlier, but movement is somewhat restricted. My legs are unaffected for the most part.

Other: went to Central Market to restock again. Got the following: 2.25 lbs bacon, 1/2 lbs turkey bacon, 5.3 lbs grass fed beef (3 lbs ground, 2.3 lbs London Broil, whatever that is), raw white cheddar, heavy cream, a bottle of blood orange kombucha, organic eggs (for my father, not me), and yogurt. Still need to get misc. vegetables and probably strawberries, as well as uncured organic hot dogs. I almost got calf liver but I'm not sure of the quality I should be looking for, so I'll wait on that until later. I'm quite pleased with the outcome of this trip.

Day 12 (8/17/2013)

19 hour fast
    Snack (2:30 pm): small bit of cheddar, blueberries and yogurt
    Dinner: 12 oz strip steak, broccoli, squash, carrots. Steak was ordered medium rare, came out medium. Disappointing, but still good.
    Dessert: red velvet cupcake from a vegan joint. Waaaaaaay obviously not primal, but it tasted really quite good. I feel a bit sick now though.

Workout: sprinting. Went well, covered 1.2 miles. I was able to match speed with my father for the first two sprints.

Other: fasting was quite easy today, and I will likely continue doing this on most Saturdays. Quite a lot of muscle soreness resulting from yesterday's workout--nothing too bad, but still notable. Mostly in my arms and chest. I haven't decided if the cupcake was worth it. It certainly wasn't much of a hit health-wise, since I fasted today and have pretty much been primal 98% of the time. However, like I stated earlier, I feel sick now, and have a nasty headache. I would have preferred something primal instead. Which is somewhat sad, since the place I got it from used to be my favorite restaurant/bakery. I used to get custom birthday cakes there yearly.

Side note: today's scale read 114 lbs at 21% BF, though the difference between how I looked today and how I looked three weeks ago is startling. I'm quite happy with it so far.
    Last edited by Alexis47; 08-17-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Day 13 (8/18/2013)

Breakfast: 4 oz canned wild salmon, medium sized chicken breast cooked in coconut oil, misc. peppers, grape tomatoes, sharp cheddar, yogurt and blueberries
    Lunch (sort of): small amount of steamed broccoli
    Snack: strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries with whipped heavy cream
    Dinner: 4 oz burger, raw white cheddar, sharp cheddar, 2 hot dogs, tomato slices, 2 squares 99% dark chocolate

Workout: mostly push-up related stuff sporadically throughout the day. If I were to estimate, I think I did 45+ incline push-ups, 10-11 negatives, and some hybrids of those two. (Also about 70 squats.). Specifically, I do an incline push-up at an angle where it's difficult but still doable, and I lower myself really slowly and hold the lowest point as long as I can, then push myself back up. That way I can get the most impact while still being able to do the full range. Chairs with arms are useful to this. Also, I think I troubleshot my incline push-ups--my arms were too far apart, I was doing them too quickly, my arms were going too far out instead of back, etc. Mostly just due to carelessness, I guess. Anyway, now that they're fixed, I can get back to making optimal progress.

Other: spent 1.25 hours outside, no burning. I'm working out a plan for breakfast when school starts. I need to be able to get food and eat it within 40 minutes (20 on LHT days, Tuesday and Friday), with less used time being better. Fresh-cooked stuff is out, because the smell bothers my stepmother in the morning. (Will probably be able to get away with grass fed hot dogs or similar, though. Eggs are okay to cook but I can't stomach them right now. Will experiment with those again later.) At the start of the week (Monday and Tuesday) I can have burgers. Canned salmon is definitely in, since I am willing to just eat it straight from the can (might actually bake salmon fillets later, but not now, I'm lazy). Yogurt and berries is an almost definite "yes." Chicken breast and bacon will likely also be used. I'm shooting for 12 oz of animal flesh at breakfast, and at least 8 oz at dinner, with dairy protein of yogurt and cheese. Possibly some almonds afterschool or right before heavy lifting. Eventually I want to add liver somewhere but I have no clue what I'm doing.

Day 14 (8/19/2013)

Breakfast: chicken breast, 4 oz burger, 4 oz salmon, bit of raw cheddar, tiny bell peppers, grape tomatoes, yogurt with blueberries
    Snack (2:45 pm): 3 slices bacon, chai tea with Kerrygold and coconut oil
    Dinner: flank steak, some amount around 10-12 oz. 1 square 99% dark chocolate, 1 square 70% dark chocolate.

Workout: 30 minutes very brisk walking, and 0.4 miles mild walking around the block. Stopped to talk to neighbors I've never met. (Three years living here and I'm only just now talking to people outside my house and school...)

Other: still eating a very large amount compared to what I previously ate. A bit worrisome, but I'm not ever eating to a point where I'm uncomfortable or when I'm not hungry...and I was probably under eating previously (see--anorexia). So, I'll keep doing what I've been doing. Breakfast was achieved in just over half an hour this morning--very do-able on a school day.

Also, I am never cooking steak inside again. While it turned out great, the house was full of smoke. Yeah, I'm not very good at this yet.

Checked the scale this morning, thinking my weight would probably be around 115 and 21% body fat like it has been recently.

Nope, 107.5 and 19% body fat.

Day 15 (8/20/2013)

Pre-workout: small amount of almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins
    Breakfast: 4ish oz steak, 4 oz burger, small chicken breast, 2 slices bacon, grape tomatoes, bell pepper slices, blueberries
    Snack (3:25 pm): earl grey tea with 1/2 tbsp Kerrygold, 1 tbsp coconut oil, heavy cream
    Dinner: meatza (6 oz ground beef, lots of raw cheddar, uncured pepperoni, kalamata olives, olive oil)

Workout: heavy lifting. Made some modifications--for push-ups, I'm doing the hybrid incline/negative push-ups, where I lower myself slowly over five seconds, and hold for five seconds, then push myself up in one second or less. If I don't feel it in my chest, it doesn't count. Also, I modified squats by reducing their speed quite a bit, so they're more intense.
    1st round: 8 incline/negatives, 35 slow squats, 14 2-leg assisted pull-ups, 60 seconds plank, 35 seconds left side plank, 40 seconds right side plank
    2nd round: 6 incline/negatives, 30 slow squats, 14 assisted pull-ups, 45 seconds plank, 30 seconds left plank, 40 seconds right plank

Other: I've been having poor sleep, over and over again. It's hard to get to sleep most nights and I've seen an increase in nightmares. (Not the panic-attack inducing kind, fortunately.) It's directly related to stress--from my father and sister, obsessing over my diet, school starting on Monday, etc. Hopefully this will resolve for the most part after Monday. Stress usually goes down exponentially when I'm in school.

Day 16 (8/21/2013)

Breakfast: 6 oz steak, 2 oz leftovers from dinner, lettuce and bell pepper slices, blueberries and yogurt
    Tea (9:00 am): chai black with 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tbsp Kerrygold, heavy cream
    Snack (3:30 pm): almonds, macadamia nuts, raisins, sharp cheddar
    Dinner: around 10 oz turkey (cooked with Kerrygold, bacon fat, olive oil), steamed broccoli, 1 square 99% dark chocolate, 1 square 70% dark chocolate

Workout: rest day

Other: spent 45 minutes outside today. Had poor sleep again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast