Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, it's my time to recover. page 9

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Take the job dude! I think what's really holding you back is money. With some savings you'll have a lot more options.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Cheers, Zach. That's what my family told me to do. I think the dream career has to be so perfect that I'm waiting for that perfection before I want to sign it as my own and share it with the design world. I've been in contact with someone who offered to help me with the production images for the past 6 months but he has yet to provide me with anything. (The bill was 1,600 but he said he is willing to do a lot for free, since he too was a poor Architect student many years ago. I've almost given up hope that unless I pay up, he won't help me. That' fair enough but I think it's rude and unreliable to not at hint months ago that he hasn't got any free time and keep me waiting. I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful, but it's basically been false promises for the past half a year.)

You're right though; what have I to loose? A year ago I would have been worried about no staying "primal", but heck, the stores sells a lot of prepared fruit that I can just buy for my lunch etc.! This could finally be my push to make a start in a career. It might help me with whatever I decide to do in the future, and I'll finally have money!

I'll drop them all until next week, then start with Vit A and see how it goes. It's so weird to have a reaction, given that I've taken so many other things in the past. A HA! I took 4 paracetemol a few days ago - the first time in over 4 years. THAT could be it.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Take the job dude! I think what's really holding you back is money. With some savings you'll have a lot more options.
    Indeed I will! I'm not one for money or material possessions, but I think there a line between having money for things and having almost zero money that I'm confined to the same stuff every week. I'm excited to change again

diene is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've already decided to take the job, which is good cuz that's what I'm going to recommend as well. I think you should definitely take the job. You can still do your design work on the side, and if your designs sell and that takes off, you could always quit your job. Lots of people have day jobs and pursue their dreams on the side. That's normal, and you should totally go for it! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Sounds like you've already decided to take the job, which is good cuz that's what I'm going to recommend as well. I think you should definitely take the job. You can still do your design work on the side, and if your designs sell and that takes off, you could always quit your job. Lots of people have day jobs and pursue their dreams on the side. That's normal, and you should totally go for it! Congrats!
    That made my decision even easier! I guess I thought that those who work as managers, decided that this is their final job (because it's higher up) and that's it. When I think about it, I can actually recall a few higher-ranking colleagues who are doing other things too. I've also realised that I always considered myself an introvert, but the fact is, I really love (some) people! My perception of connecting with people, was in a social setting with alcohol, which is absolutely not true. I'm starting to feel normal Thanks all!

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    A good life strategy is: "take every cent you can milk out of anyone willing to give it to you, work on your own money making ideas, and then hopefully hit a home run and do whatever you want with the rest of your life."

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    A good life strategy is: "take every cent you can milk out of anyone willing to give it to you, work on your own money making ideas, and then hopefully hit a home run and do whatever you want with the rest of your life."

Sent via F-22 Raptor
    That's a good strategy, though I'm a very hard worker, so no milking here, lol. I think for most people, that is retirement because their working days are 'over' and they live up til that time to life how they want. In my opinion, I think with the right opportunities and hard work, we can make the time for things we really want to do, whenever we want.

I'm so excited to get more information on this and start talking with other managers about it. I can't get over the kind words my manager said to me today and how she thinks I would be able to get on very well as a manager. For that, I cannot thank here (and you all for the encouragement) enough.

Hey, I'm not saying not to work; I'm saying make yourself so valuable that people will pay a premium for your services. Maximize the cash they'll give you, work your own stuff on the side, get rich and live an awesome life.

Indeed. I think one of the things I'll talk about with the store manager, is benefits and negotiations with hours etc. since it is requested I make myself available for 5 days a week and anywhere in the UK. I think the 22K - 28K bracket is there for a reason... No more will I have to work for 7.14 an hour, without any prospect of that going up if I stay in my current position.

Unsolicited advice:

1) Create as much value for your company as possible, which creates leverage for you negotiations.
    2) Don't be bound by what they tell you your options are. If there's more money to be had outside of their "suggested bracket", take it. If there's a job you want to do that doesn't exist, create it. If there are benefits you want to get, negotiate them. Make them think no one else can do what you do, and that you're a bargain at any price. Think like a pirate.
    3) Use your new income to craft your way into making more money, whether that's shrewd investing, your own business project, whatever.

Haven't kept up with your journal--where in England are you? I've spent a decent amount of time in your country.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast