Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, it's my time to recover. page 8

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    When my supplements arrive, should I space them out or is it ok to take one dose of each next together?

Liquid Vit E
    Liquid Vit A
    Niacinamide Powder

That is, could I drop the A and E in the same glass of water, then take the Niacinamide after that. I'm just wondering if they could counteract each other or something. (like magnesium and calcium, if I remember correctly)

Just checking in to ask for some advice with my bloating which I though had gone away.

I've been scouring the interwebs and a few times I've found recommendations to lay off the carbs for a couple of days and increase protein. Could this be worth doing? When I think of protein sources, I think of cheese, oysters and milk. These are fine options but I couldn't eat more than 5oz of cheese a day so my calories are going to be very low with just those 3 foods, if this idea would even help. I'd probably drink a few litres of milk throughout the day but again, I'm not sure if all this liquid would help.

My cascara sagrada has been lost in the post, so amazon will be shipping another one in a few day, for my constipation.

I've been eating very well this past week, although I know it's under my required caloric intake. Mostly: 2% goat milk, goat cheese, grapes, gelatin with grape juice and nectarines, orange juice, raisins and smoked oysters. I really get frustrated with my stomach sometimes. Some days it's fine and other days no matter what I eat drink (or not), it just expands and causes annoying discomfort. It's not like my diet is changing radically each day so I don't think it's food intolerances or allergies.

Also, with the supps, is it acceptable to take the Vit E (67mg, 100iu) , Vit A 1500ug, 5000iu) and then the Niacinamide (500mg) all in a row, on an empty stomach in the morning?

How's everyone else doing?

Zach is offline Banned
    Well milk has plenty of carbs and lactose is probably the most toublesome cor anyone with digestive issues. You eating any starch or fiber on the days of bloat?

I woul take the vit E and A with a fatty meal. Dunno bout niacinamide. Also do you drink coffee?

Im great man, thanks for asking.

True, although it's goat milk, it still has lactose. I still have a love/hate with dairy precisely because of my shitty digestion. Is cheese worse for lactose because it is 'concentrated'? Or does lactose go down with the removal of whey? I do think about taking out all milk but I would need to be replace with either grape juice or coconut water, both aren't exactly fresh and would be way to expensive to make them myself. I want more than just orange juice and we all know what the deal with water is.

I haven't had any starch (sweet potatoes) for weeks and any fibre I eat is from whole fruit. The Vit A and E have olive oil in them, since it's liquid but I guess I should still take them with food. I don't drink coffee because I can't stand the taste. (I've tried it once, to be fair and it was poor quality. I'm a bit skeptical of it because of everything I read about how it can negatively effect the skin and that Stone thinks it's "like water on steroids"!) I tried my Dad's 'E-cigarette' today, just out of curiosity to see why people smoke these things. It's a liquid that contains some kind of flavour and nicotine but apparently is "healthier" or some BS. I got nothing but a dry throat from it, but didn't expect to get all energies or anything like that.

Good to hear it

Zach is offline Banned
    Cheese has no lactose, just casein and fat. Yea take the E and A with a meal.

I dont know man, good coffee with some milk, gelatin and sugar is pretty awesome for skin i think and its not really a diuretic. You probably need 10 good drags from an E cig to get a good bump of nicotine.

Something strange has appeared on both of my forearms this past day; hundreds of tiny dots which don't itch or anything like that, they are just slightly raised and look weird. Any ideas what they could be? Niacinamide effect? I haven't experiences any flushing which I've read can be an effect of B3

photo.jpg
    Last edited by Nstocks; 08-21-2013 at 08:38 AM.

diene is offline Senior Member
    That looks like it could be some kind of allergic reaction if it appeared suddenly. Did you eat anything weird or brush against weird plants or anything like that?

Zach is offline Banned
    I would guess its a reaction to one of your supplements if you just started taking them.

Thanks for your replies. I haven't change my diet, it's still very good (but need to eat more). They are still present today and maybe slightly more raised. Should I stop taking Niacinamide? I doubt the Vit A or E can cause that and I have read how B3 can cause a 'flushing' in the skin. (perhaps I'm reacting differently)

Something interesting happened at work today. My manager asked to see me for a review, nothing special we have them every few months. During the review, my manager and I both have to write notes/comments about how I'm doing etc. and she wrote that I'm very good with customers, I pay attention to what's going on, that I more than capable of thinking for myself and always have a positive attitude. I openly thanked her for that and noted that I do enjoy my job in most respects and she went on to say that the managers of our department think that I should go on a graduate scheme. It's a scheme for graduates with a 2:1 or higher (I was 1% of a First degree) whereby we are trained over the course of 2 years to become managers with the potential to become a (super)store manager. (like the store I work at; 600 staff, 12K customers on Saturdays, 60,000 products in the store)

Further, she said that I have a very good demeanour, I walk with good posture, my head straight up like I have a sense of presence to be their and that I'm ready for work. She contrasted my posture and behaviour with most other people who come in, head staring at the floor, miserable tone and attitude towards their job and customers. I know standing tall doesn't make you more important, but I think it's the single, most obvious sign of confidence and importance. (not in a arrogant or rude way)

The scheme would mean that I start on a wage of 22K-28K and I would be required to travel around the country for training and very likely, I would have to move town. All of this is aided by the company and they even help to find a house in a suitable location and house!

It all sounds great, and right now I'm thinking why not? There's nothing else going on in my life and holding out for a career in design means having no money, no sense of use in the world and I'm sat at home doing next to nothing for 5 days of the week. Which brings me onto the next points of why I don't want to go ahead with this. (commit)

- I hate the idea of a 9-5 job "for the rest of my life". I hear that far too many times but the thing is, nobody said it has to be "for the rest of your life". I could do this for 5 years which will make me a store manager on 50K+/year at the age of 27.

- Wages per hour. Something about punching in at whatever o'clock and punching back out equates to X amount of pay. It makes me think of domestication which is something I'm against. A salary obviously negates that problem, but only if the hours are flexible. (Our store manager can come in to work whenever he wants for as long as he wants. I see him a few times a month) Also dependency on someone else who can tell me I'm fired isn't a smart way to earn money. (though it's not likley that would happen without a huge error)

- My 'dream career' is not in this business. I'd love to be self employed as a designer but that takes money to start out, plus recognition which isn't exactly easy these days. I don't want to 'sell out' at the age of 22 for a corporate life and job security is useless because no job is secure really. Income from multiple sources is the only security I feel ,so perhaps I could still be a designer, more as hobby but still enjoy working as a manager.

I find myself actually looking forward to work these days too. I seem to get on very well with all of my managers (8) and other colleagues. I have a dozen customers that I like to speak to and have done for the past 5 years.

Am I kidding myself to think that I will get this dream career in design anytime soon? I've designed some furniture but I have to pay someone to make the computer models look realistic, so that's just a circle of my lack of wages really, since I can't afford the software/training to do it myself. Are these managers kidding themselves with 'job security' and a 'title'? I imagine myself as something as a rebel to this corporate world, but honestly, I'm not and it's just a dream. I don't like the idea of working x hours for x pay just because it's good pay (which it is) and I think this is the biggest reason for not wanting to go ahead with it. I hear so many people justifying their boring jobs just because of good wages/perks and a months holiday. I'm not naive enough to think that we live in a perfect world but so many people wish they had taken more chances at my age. (although this prospect is a huge chance anyway - no car in a weeks time and potentially have to move in 1 year. Plus huge unemployment rates in a lot of industries and student debts)

I will be given more information tomorrow and will meet with the store manager if I wish to pursue this. Then, every week I meet with him and I take on more responsibility and training. Once a job comes up, I would have to move.

I'd appreciate any advice on this. I know ultimately is up to me, but perhaps to someone with more experience, it's easier to make decisions or votes towards what opportunity I have. I think that I would enjoy being a manager at times because of my personality and willingness to achieve great customer service, but at the end of the day, it's all for the company and customers, not for my own desired career. Again though, nobody said this is for the nest 40 years of my life.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fuck yes, take the job. You can always quit and be back where you started and the up side is pretty huge. Honestly if you were making use of your free time with a productive hobby like design or carpentry or art, whatever then i would say to maybe work on your dream but man, it sounds like you just sit around bored five days a week. Go do something new and see how you like it!

As for the supps, it could be any three if your having a toxic or allergic reaction. I would stop them for a few days and see if it goes away and then reintroduce one at a time.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast