Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Now, it's my time to recover. page 17

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    I read Yoga takes it before bed and it helps a little, so I'll try that.
    Yup, the first few days it was making me pass out from exhaustion, so I researched it and began taking at night It's working out well.

Are you tracking your waking pulse and temp dude? It's important you do that, so you can chart how the sup is effecting you.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Yup, the first few days it was making me pass out from exhaustion, so I researched it and began taking at night It's working out well.

Are you tracking your waking pulse and temp dude? It's important you do that, so you can chart how the sup is effecting you.
    No, I've being lazy about that and I only have a thermometer. Maybe I should get a heart rate monitor and start recording it. Do you just record the waking measurements? I can probably make the effort to do that. How has yours changed?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Maybe I should get a heart rate monitor and start recording it.
    LOL - you're obsessed with buying stuff! Just put your fingers on your pulse and use a timer on your phone.

Do you just record the waking measurements? I can probably make the effort to do that. How has yours changed?
    Peat recommends taking it upon waking, and again at midday. I'm just doing waking. I'll fill you in in a few days - it's changing quite dramatically and unexpectedly, but would require a long explanation...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Has anyone every use light therapy for boosting overall mood? A recent blog post on 180degreehealth writes about all the things we know about the modern world in terms of not enough light, the wrong type of light and how this effects us.

Circadian Rhythms in Modern Life – 180 Degree Health

My primary reason for looking into one is for my eyes rather than my overall mood. At home only 2 rooms (kitchen and lounge) get 10 or so hours of sunlight and my room gets around 4 in the early morning which means I'm literally sat in the dark a lot of the time. (I know I know, get out of my room! If I lived alone then I would, but I don't)

I have a salt lamp on my desk which emits a deep red light but it's only noticeable at night time which is when we want a warmer light anyway. (Also flux for changing the temperature colour of computer)

Just thought I 'd ask for some views on this. I'm probably getting a reputation for buying things now! (I still don't buy much :P )

If anyone knows of good ways to reduce lower back pain, please let me know. I've always had lower back pain since teenage years but recently it seems to ache a lot more. I take salt baths but they don't help.

EDIT: Forgot to add that I'm the north east of the UK, not sunny south or California like some of you so I get even less light.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 09-29-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617