Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, it's my time to recover. page 11

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    you know, I came to a similar conclusion - I think part of my bloating is because I ingest so many fluids! I'm trying to cut back on how much I drink, and am upping my sugar intake to supplant the extreme fruit consumption.

Cool, I hadn't found a Tesco that stocks them, but it looks like Sainsbury's does them too!

Aaand - where do you get your liquid Vit A, and Niacinamide? I bought powdered Niacinamide online, but it's only to be used topically...
    The larger (Extra) Tesco will definitely stock them, not sure about the small or metro ones. They are the same price at Sainsburys I think so good that you found them - Rinse well!!!

Liquid Vit A (and E) from here: Your Web Browser does not allow this website to use cookies

Niacinamide: Buy Vitamin B3 Powder benefits uses UK OMG! I've just read the packaging, and it says EXTERNAL USE ONLY!!! Ooops. I hope I haven;t done any damage - I've only taken a few grams though. How do you use it topically, it's good for blemishes, right?

Derp linked me this a while ago: Food and supplements without toxic additives It lists all the good supplements, but not all are in the UK so perhaps you might want to see what Niacinamide they recommend. Let me know if you find a good one.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Bought the oysters today Sainsburys is the way froward. Also found Dr. Oetker gelatine for half the price I've been paying!! 70p for 6 sachets as opposed to 1.50 - bargain!

Cool, thanks for that! I'm going to try and start eating liver, but if I can't I'll resort to yet another supp... Speaking of which, yeah, my b6 is also for external use. Don't know what the difference is though! I'm using it for my rosacea... noticing a small difference, but nothing major tbh.

I saw that link a while back - I'll check it out again, but I remember doing a lot of trawling and not finding much in the UK...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Hey dude, you're my go-to man in the UK

What brand of cascara sagrada did you get and did you buy it online?

Had the oysters today - they were amazing!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Yo!

I purchased these: Solaray Cascara Sagrada 60's: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Perhaps not the 'cleanest' but they work fine for the amount I'm going to be taking. (Cascara Sagrada, Cellulose, magnesium stearate) 2 capsules provides 800mg. Make sure you don't them everyday for more than 7 days. Honestly, I think 2-4 caps total is more than enough. I took two and made about 6 toilet visits the next day.

I had oysters again today, with mashed potatoes. They're ugly little things and my family are revolted by them, but I like them so I try to eat 2-4 tins a week.

With the Niacinamide (B3) I'm thinking about just buying a liquid Vitamin B complex:

Natures Answer Vitamin B Complex Liquid 240ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

The last ingredients are: USP Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Agave Nectar, Natural Tangerine Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate (0.2%), Vitamin E, and Quik-Sorb (Ginger Rhizome, Amia Fruit, Capsicum Fruit).

Not the best in the world, but I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

How are you getting on with the derma rolling and copper peptides? I used an asprin and honey mask yesterday... I think it has taken out quite a bit of redness. My skin still looks kinda dry or dehydrated and somewhat stressed/haggered/red. Strange description since I'm only 22 but it's been this was for many years. I'm going to look for a better moisturiser to use after derma rolling as the one I have doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm also growing my goatee out to make my face look a bit fuller (slim body = slim face). With somewhat crazy curly hair, I think it will look pretty good! That's another thing I'm working on: haircare. I've been 'natural' for years, but there's something called 'Curly girl method" (how sexist!) which eliminates all parabens, silicones, mineral oils, sulphates and other junk.

Zach is offline Banned
    You really dont need b vitamins. Just get lots of fruit an oysters/liver.

Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Yo!

I purchased these: Solaray Cascara Sagrada 60's: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

Perhaps not the 'cleanest' but they work fine for the amount I'm going to be taking. (Cascara Sagrada, Cellulose, magnesium stearate) 2 capsules provides 800mg. Make sure you don't them everyday for more than 7 days. Honestly, I think 2-4 caps total is more than enough. I took two and made about 6 toilet visits the next day.

I had oysters again today, with mashed potatoes. They're ugly little things and my family are revolted by them, but I like them so I try to eat 2-4 tins a week.

With the Niacinamide (B3) I'm thinking about just buying a liquid Vitamin B complex:

Natures Answer Vitamin B Complex Liquid 240ml: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

The last ingredients are: USP Purified Water, Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Agave Nectar, Natural Tangerine Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Sorbate (0.2%), Vitamin E, and Quik-Sorb (Ginger Rhizome, Amia Fruit, Capsicum Fruit).

Not the best in the world, but I'm sure it's perfectly fine.

How are you getting on with the derma rolling and copper peptides? I used an asprin and honey mask yesterday... I think it has taken out quite a bit of redness. My skin still looks kinda dry or dehydrated and somewhat stressed/haggered/red. Strange description since I'm only 22 but it's been this was for many years. I'm going to look for a better moisturiser to use after derma rolling as the one I have doesn't seem to do anything.

I'm also growing my goatee out to make my face look a bit fuller (slim body = slim face). With somewhat crazy curly hair, I think it will look pretty good! That's another thing I'm working on: haircare. I've been 'natural' for years, but there's something called 'Curly girl method" (how sexist!) which eliminates all parabens, silicones, mineral oils, sulphates and other junk.
    Sorry to be gross, but with the cascara did you just have BMs or did you get the shits?! I think that B supp looks alright!

I haven't started the derma rolling for a really stupid reason: I still haven't bought the cleaning solution. Any day now THe Cps aren't doing anything, but apparently it takes quite a while to see results, and i"m going slowly with them.

This might be a stupid question but - what moisturiser do you use? Some oils can be pretty drying to the face. Is your skin dry or oily?

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Sorry to be gross, but with the cascara did you just have BMs or did you get the shits?! I think that B supp looks alright!

I haven't started the derma rolling for a really stupid reason: I still haven't bought the cleaning solution. Any day now THe Cps aren't doing anything, but apparently it takes quite a while to see results, and i"m going slowly with them.

This might be a stupid question but - what moisturiser do you use? Some oils can be pretty drying to the face. Is your skin dry or oily?
    I had the shits for a few visits, but the day after I have healthy looking stools. Also the first few visits were a strange light brown colour, the later ones were normal darker brown. How gross.

I use this: Vitamin E Moisture Cream for Sensitive Skin, Acne Scars, Vitamin E Cream for the Face

I don't use it daily, probably not even every other day (lazy) so I'm not actually moisturising that often... It's weird though, my skin feel as smooth as glass, but it looks dry and rough. I uses to have oily combination skin, but now I have mostly dry skin and slightly oiliness on the forehead.

I used to do the oil cleansing method (castor oil and jojoba oil) but it cost a lot of money and I got bored with it after a few weeks. It didn't really improve my skin anyway. I've just done an egg mask which looks to have moisturised my skin a little. Also aspirin and honey reduces the redness quite a bit.
    Last edited by Nstocks; 09-04-2013 at 06:40 PM.

I've been looking for a better moisturiser, because I think that dryness/redness and some scarring is due to lack of moisture.

I spoke to Origins (Organic skincare) and they recommended this to me. It's a night cream so I don't have to worry about shininess or whatever and it's like a gel so it won't just sit on my skin. I've never spend this amount of money on any single product before, perhaps that's why nothing worked! Obviously it contains a few scientific things but I'm not worried about them anymore.

Make A Difference

ingredients: water\aqua\eau; rosa damascena (rose) flower water, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) flower water, anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower water [] butylene glycol [] dimethicone [] jojoba esters [] glycerin [] citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil*, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil*, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil*, cinnamomum camphora (camphor) bark oil*, magnolia acuminata flower extract, rosa damascena (rose) extract, iris pallida (orris) root extract, citral, linalool, limonene [] oenothera biennis (evening primrose) seed extract [] tripeptide-32 [] micrococcus lysate [] trehalose [] anastatica hierochuntica (rose of jericho) extract [] sodium hyaluronate [] salvia sclarea (clary) extract [] hordeum vulgare (barley) extract\extrait d'orge [] triticum vulgare (wheat) germ extract [] cladosiphon okamuranus extract [] padina pavonica thallus extract [] cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract [] pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract [] scutellaria baicalensis root extract [] aloe barbadensis leaf juice [] cholesterol [] squalane [] acetyl hexapeptide-8 [] dicaprylyl carbonate [] methyl trimethicone [] tromethamine [] caprylyl glycol [] linoleic acid [] polysilicone-11 [] dextrin [] aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate [] carbomer [] ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer [] hexylene glycol [] silica [] phenoxyethanol <iln36665> * essential oil

I've given up applying gelatin underneath my eyes for the dark circles. I find that it makes my feel awake for a while, but after all that washing, light rubbing to remove the gelatine, my eyes just look the same. They still feel extremely tired too. Origins make a ginseng eye cream which might be worth looking into. I'll try the face cream first.

Hey Nstocks, I'm a bit shocked you don't moisturise!!! All your skin protocols, and you've been missing out on the foundations

Would you feel comfortable taking a pic of your skin so I can have a look? Tbh, it sounds like you might have eczema. Your skin sounds really dried out, and I bet it's not helped by all the stuff you're doing to it. OCM is really drying for some skin - I couldn't do it.

If I were you, I'd go for a really simple, soothing moisturiser for a while, and see what effect that has. You know this one? They feel it in most stores, and it's affordable. I use it a lot and find it very moisturising. E45 Dermatological Cream 125g , Dry Skin Treatment | eBay

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Eat the gelatin, and use coconut oil on your skin. Also, in the bath don't use any soaps or anything, they dry your skin. I bathe with honey, milk, egg yolks, and cold filtered water. Try the same, I will never waste money on those moisturizing products again. Seriously, the amount of PUFA and garbage in even the organic ones is absurd.
    nihil

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast