Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Now, it's my time to recover. page 10

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the advice. I knew these things should be discussed, but because it's a huge company with all everything structure into a handbook, it's perhaps not the same as working for a smaller or private company.

I'm in North East Lincolnshire, just over 1 hour away from sheffield, 1 hour away from Lincoln, where I graduated. What brought you over here?

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    I promise, even in big handbook-heavy companies there is often more leeway than you think. The rules tend to just make people without as much ambition settle for less. Pres the attack!

My college girlfriend moved to England for a year for school, and then I studied in Cambridge for 3 months or so during law school. I think I have about 5 months total spent there over the years.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your journal; good luck with the job! Attack!

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Just a small update:

Bloating is pretty much non existent now and I can finally eat more and feel comfortable doing so. I took 2 sagrada cascara caps and they helped immensely. I haven't taken any more and don't think I need to. Thanks for the tip Derp!

Feet are still cold some of the time but overall they have improved. Leaving a long time between meals doesn't help so I try not to do that.

Eyes still feel very heavy and tired. I posted about my dark circles on a forum (thanks to Yogabare) and someone suggested I apply gelatin under the eye. I'll try this tomorrow. Dark under eye circles

Skin is still problematic. I'm still breaking out across my jawline and around my mouth. I've actually decided to grow out a goatee and moustache since it means I won't be irritating the skin and I think it will suit me. I grew it a couple of years ago, but it never filled out. I think my hair is growing faster now but I still can't grow a full beard. Oh well.

I've thought about topicals for my mild acne but I know they are just covering up the issue. I'm still taking Vit A, E, Niacinamide without any problems. (a week ago I posted about weird bumps on my forearms). I'm eating around 4 tins of smoked oysters a week for the zinc too. My skin really bothers me because it's been 'bad' for over 8 years now and I've never gone out and though" Hey, my skin looks pretty clear and healthy today, what I'm doing is working" It's also to do with not looking like I've grown up or something, but Adult acne is huge these days anyway. Those who know me wouldn't think that it bothers me because externally, I don't let people know it does, but internally it's quite upsetting.

I'm at work soon and will see about the prospect of training to become a store manager. The manager who suggests it to me was away last week so I didn't get a chance to discuss it.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Hey Nstocks, that's amazing about the bloating! What did you do to alleviate it? Just the sagrada caps?

I'd be wary of putting gelatine under the eyes tbh... the skin there is very delicate. Ombat is using gelatine peels on her face though and says it helps a lot with her acne!

Where are you getting your oysters?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

I don't really know how the bloating went away. I have been under eating a little but I've just made more effort to make sure I eat good stuff. The Sagrada helped with constipation which I think was making me bloated the most. I was eating raw carrots for a week each morning, but now I forget to do that.

I've applied the gelatin and I feel wide awake. It is a bit delicate though so I wouldn't want to keep doing it.

I get my oysters from Tesco. John West Smoked Oysters Sunflower Oil 85G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries Yes they are in crappy sunflower oil, but I'm not paying almost twice as much for something I'm just going to rinse off anyway. (amazon do some imported ones in different oil)

It sounds like all the nutrient dense food might be helping

Thanks for the link - it came up as an error though?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I think I mentioned liver, or vitamin a in here earlier, still doing that? Aspirin mask helps with minor acne, btw, salicylic acid is what's in most of those overpriced acne creams. Aspirin and honey are great masks for me, especially for when I shave and the hairs grow out stupid. Apply it like 2x a week.

Awesome, Nstocks. You know what I like most about you? You try things. I love experimenting, too. I knew the cascara would help you My friend, who I told you about, said their bloating is non-existent now too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-Hksg8B4cQ

She's a QT 3.14 too
    Last edited by Derpamix; 08-31-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    It sounds like all the nutrient dense food might be helping

Thanks for the link - it came up as an error though?
    Yup, dried fruit helps too - I think too much fruit in general isn't good for bloating because to get the calories in, means a lot of water. I love NAKD Lemon infused raisins, and other raisins too!

I just typed in "Smoked Oysters" at Tesco. There are about 12 in a can so extremely good value, given that fresh oysters at 60pence each!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I think I mentioned liver, or vitamin a in here earlier, still doing that? Aspirin mask helps with minor acne, btw, salicylic acid is what's in most of those overpriced acne creams. Aspirin and honey are great masks for me, especially for when I shave and the hairs grow out stupid. Apply it like 2x a week.

Awesome, Nstocks. You know what I like most about you? You try things. I love experimenting, too. I knew the cascara would help you My friend, who I told you about, said their bloating is non-existent now too.

Aspirin Mask - YouTube

She's a QT 3.14 too

Still doing Liquid Vit A. The dosage is 1 drop which contains 5000iu. Should I take 2 drops? Also Vit E which is 5 drops providing 100iu. I keep meaning to eat liver since I have some organic Grass fed stuff in the freezer, but the idea of meat isn't appealing right now. It's been about 6 weeks since I ate red meat. I'm eating chicken twice a weak. *GASP* PUFA! I doubt 2 chicken breasts are that bad.

I started the asprin mask a couple of days ago (need to find a powder since I'm buying the capsules). I have a large under-the-skin spot near my mouth although this could be due to not shaving. I'll keep up the asprin mask. Is there any better moisturiser I should look at buying? I have a Vitamin E one which doesn't seem to do all that much. It's been 4 weeks. Copper peptides are a bit iffy for me. I derma roll 3 times a week at 0.5mm. I use to use Manuka honey all the time but it stained my skin yellow, like jojoba oil and other oils did, and didn't actually get rid of breakouts. Also pricey at 20 for a small bottle of UMF 20+ Active.

I appreciate that! I figure why not? Part of me thinks that when I try new things (like niacinamide), I'm going to feel something 'bad', but that hasn't happened. I'm willing to try almost anything for my skin since I'm starting to feel good internally, I want it to show externally too! (I've been telling myself this on and off for 3 years)

QT? I'll check out that vid later on - I'm on my work break.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nstocks View Post
    Yup, dried fruit helps too - I think too much fruit in general isn't good for bloating because to get the calories in, means a lot of water. I love NAKD Lemon infused raisins, and other raisins too!

I just typed in "Smoked Oysters" at Tesco. There are about 12 in a can so extremely good value, given that fresh oysters at 60pence each!
    you know, I came to a similar conclusion - I think part of my bloating is because I ingest so many fluids! I'm trying to cut back on how much I drink, and am upping my sugar intake to supplant the extreme fruit consumption.

Cool, I hadn't found a Tesco that stocks them, but it looks like Sainsbury's does them too!

Aaand - where do you get your liquid Vit A, and Niacinamide? I bought powdered Niacinamide online, but it's only to be used topically...

- Ray Peat

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast