Thread: Conditioning work everyday? page

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member

Conditioning work everyday?

Primal Fuel
    Is it crazy to do "heavy conditioning" everyday?

My conditioning work is a maximum of ten minutes of farmers walks, sand bag carries, prowler pushes (usually slow), etc after my three lifting sessions a week. I try to get at least one sprint session in a week, too. Sometimes do complexes as well.

Been thinking of making it a point to go and carry some heavy dumbbells or flip tires or etc for ten minutes a day, everyday. Increase my conditioning and also play with more of the toys my gym has (tractor tires, sleds, bumper plates, prowler, yoke, etc) more than just three times a week.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, it's only ten minutes, but I also consider myself messed up in the head haha Thoughts?

accidentalpancake is offline Senior Member
    Seems like less work than many farmers do on a daily basis. As long as your body can take it and you fuel accordingly, I wouldn't say it's a bad thing.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (May 2014): 198
    CBF: 14.5% (Scale)
    GW: ~190-205
    GBF: ~12%

zsz101 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Primal Moose,

First off, that is one hell of a regimen! Grats on having that high a level of fitness.

I would keep in mind that more isn't always better. If you're after more results, adding in more conditioning won't necessarily get you there.

That being said, you should experiment to see what works for you. I would slowly add in the extra conditioning and take note of how your body responds. If you're recovering well and everything feels okay, continue on.

Also remember that if you're primarily doing high intensity work, you should up your carbs to fuel those workouts. Consistently eating high fat with low carbs while doing lots of high intensity work inevitably leads to a crash, at least in my experience. Throw in a refeed once or twice a week and I'm sure you'd be fine.

ZZ