Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super duper help me! page

Bukawww is offline Senior Member

Super duper help me!

Primal Fuel
    I know I'm asking a lot here but I NEED a ton of awesome suggestions for a family trip in August (so I have time to plan).

We are going to the beach (West coast) - staying in Motel 6 the whole time (no fridge or cooking utilities but thinking of bringing a little microwave and/or hot plate - suggestions for that welcome too).

My husband has recently agreed to hand his health over to me...and we agreed the kids need it too (yay for a Primal family!). So here's where we stand:

2 Adults, 3 kids (Ages 3, 5, and 7), all primal.
    We have a cooler for which to refill with ice as needed.
    We will bring any small cooking apparatus that is feasible.
    7 days, 6 nights in Motel 6.
    The plan is to eat out no more than once per day (dinner likely - can't miss out on all that fresh fish!).

Give me the break down for breakfast, lunch, and snacks - thanks a BUNCH!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Awesome on the primal family!!!

Eating out will be fine, you can easily find primal options, especially with fresh fish available! Yum!!!

I would bring a hot plate, but not a microwave I don't think...

Breakfast, just do bacon and eggs type meals that you can cook on a frying pan. Omelettes, skillet scrambles (eggs, meat veggies and cheese if you do dairy) etc.

Lunch ideas from the cooler:

Lettuce wraps with cold cooked shrimp, salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese and other veggies. Tuna, salmon, chicken salad, turkey salad and egg salad also rock in lettuce wraps!

Meat wraps. Good deli meat smeared with cream cheese, or mustard or mayo, and some pickles or pickled spicy peppers, cheese, etc. Let everyone make their own!

Hard boiled eggs. Devilled eggs have so many different varieties you can try! Check out the guacamole ones here on MDA!

BAS. Cook some extra bacon in the morning to really make it a yummy BAS! Again, it's easy enough to let everyone add their own stuff. Limits the complaining with kiddos I find!

Snack platter. Cut up cold meat (we like local keilbasa sausage, cold roasted chicken, cold steak... pretty much every meat is yummy cold actually!), dip (mustards, homemade dressings etc.) cheese, veggies, nuts, eggs, berries.

If you feel like cooking for lunch, you can do patty melts, or stirfry, or soup. If you bring a crockpot you could easily do this without heating up your hotel room. You could also do things like primal chili, stews etc. I don't know if you'll want hot food though...

Nuts and primal trailmix would be good snacks for the kids, as well as beef jerky!

Hope that helps get the ball rolling!

What an amazing arsenal of genius!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I could definitely be set with the crockpot and a hot plate - I'm having a real 'duh, why didn't I think of that' moment...thank you thank you thank you!

Blueberry is offline Member
    I am writing down all the suggestions as well!
    Going away with the kids to stay with my family for 8 weeks in land of bread pasta and potatoes, explaining primal to them would be lost cause I think! Maybe I can lead by example so need all the tips I can find.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on a primal family! something some of us can only dream of :'(
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

strawboss is offline Junior Member
    We used to do this when the kids were young. We used an electric frying pan, you can cook just about anything in those. Also, lunch prices are usually lower, so you might want to do your restaurant meals at lunch. Or, many places have Happy Hour specials on appetizers. Order a bunch of those and call that dinner. And in a pinch a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery can be a lifesaver. We also look for Farmer's Mkts when traveling.

Where on the West Coast are you going?

Going to California for lots of beach time and a day trip to Sea World! We will be in Northern California with friends for horseback riding on the beach and then down to Southern California for the rest of the trip and to soak up the sun and waves. I foresee many calories burned and extra primal activites while there. Boogie boards, here I come! And early morning jogs on the beach! I really cannot wait.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    How about no snacking, and cut out lunch on 2 or 3 days just for fun.

betty74 is offline Senior Member
    This is a great post. We are going to Disneyland end of June. We will be in a hotel for 5 days, no cooking available except a microwave. I am the only one eating primal and we will be will friends also. I am really not sure how to manage this. Breakfast should be okay so eggs, bacon, sausage, etc can be easily obtained. It is the other meals that I am not sure of. Skipping meals isn't going to happen I am sure as I get pretty grumpy when I don't eat. We also won't have a vehicle and I have no idea where the closest store is. I suppose I better start googling and get some ideas of what is close by. We will be right across from the park so anyone familiar with the area feel free to give me some ideas.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    how long have you been primal. personally. The grumpiness associated with low blood sugar is gone for me.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast