Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero energy on PB page

Stjimmy12 is offline Member

Zero energy on PB

I've been low carb for like 3 months and started primal 2 weeks ago and I never have energy unless I eat a big meal and I'm almost always hungry? I'm not really at all experiencing the wonderful things I've heard.

Oh and what's the big deal with insulin resistance on a vlc?
    Last edited by Stjimmy12; 08-05-2013 at 01:31 PM.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    We are going to need some more details. What and how much are you eating? What is your health/weight/age/goal etc?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    We are going to need some more details. What and how much are you eating? What is your health/weight/age/goal etc?
    1. Typically I aim for 2000-2500 calories a day. Eggs, beef, chicken, avocados and various vegetables and raspberries (gotta love em).

2. Good health, 125 lbs, 5'7", 14 years, want to maintain weight.

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Huh. What were you eating in your 'low carb diet' for the previous three months before starting 'Primal'?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    Huh. What were you eating in your 'low carb diet' for the previous three months before starting 'Primal'?
    Cheese and butter.

The biggest change is processed crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stjimmy12 View Post
    Cheese and butter.

The biggest change is processed crap.
    Well cheese and butter plus everything else. Oh and I used to eat copious amounts of almonds.

Paleobird Guest
    You weigh 125 at 5'7" and you're 14???????

Simple advice. EAT MOAR FOOD!

Seriously, you are still growing and developing. Just eat. Keep it to good clean (non-junk) food. But don't worry about macro ratios or counting anything. Relax and EAT.

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member
    The same thing happened to me, I had no energy whatsoever, and what I had to do was add in more carbs - sweet potatoes, berries, dark chocolate. I was probably below 30 carbs when I started and now am probably around 75 or so. Also, if I don't eat enough fat, I get extremely hungry, so now I make sure to have plenty of avocado, coconut cream with berries, macademia nuts, olives, grass fed butter, olive oil, etc. Everyone is different but you should play around with carbs and fats until you find the right balance for you.

Let me rephrase:

I've been low carb for a while and I have no energy whatsoever.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Is there a specific reason why you're trying low carb? If it's not for a medical reason, please listen to the above and just EAT. Also male or female? I assume female, but just double checking.

If you want to stay primal and add carbs, you can add things like fruit, veg, starches (potatoes, rice).

If you were an adult I would tell you that some people just do better with more carbs. Not everyone functions on LC, just as much as some don't function with higher carbs.

For right now, please don't focus on macros, just focus on what foods DO give you energy.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast