Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody love green smoothies? page

moonablaze is offline Senior Member

anybody love green smoothies?

Primal Fuel
    I'm somebody who HATES salad. in an effort to eat more leafy greens I've recently started making smoothies based on the ones at http://greenmonstermovement.com/ My current recipe is something like this:
    1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
    1/2 cup of full-fat yogurt
    1 cup full-fat milk (I'd like to replace some of this with cream when I can, maybe coconut milk...)
    2 cups of spinach (raw, microwaved with the milk to wilt it)
    1/2 a banana (I've got some bananas to use up, I'll be replacing it with frozen blueberries when they're gone)
    1 cup of ice

makes 2 big smoothies, I either have one with a light meal or two as a meal.

anybody else doing something similar?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    + frozen raw liver?
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I often add lettuce/spinach to my whey smoothies.

Generally my smoothie is fairly basic as I don't do milk

water
    15g natural factors whey factors
    1/2c berries
    lettuce/spinach/mache

sometimes I juice a base of celery/cukes with a little lettuce, spinach, sprouts etc and use that in place of the water.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

pirate13c is offline Junior Member

Green Goodness

So before I learned about the PB way of life I used to make Green smoothies all the time. I would start out with about a 1/2 cup of Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness, then add Spinach, Broccoli, Cucumber, Ginger and half an apple... sometimes a carrot if I had it. Absolutely delicious!

One 8 oz serving of Green goodness contains 33 carbs, 2 g protein and zero fat. From their website:

Bolthouse Farms® Green Goodness® starts with wheat grass, spirulina, spinach and blue-green algae. We add apples, kiwis, mangos, bananas, pineapples and dragon fruit to make it a good source of iron and Vitamin B6, naturally rich in Vitamins A, C, and B12, and packed with powerful phytonutrients found in nature's most nutritious greens.

* Blend of 8 delicious juices/purees.
    * Packed with 14 powerful nutrients delivering unmatched healthy green phytonutrients.
    * No preservatives and nothing artificial.
    * Flash pasteurized and cold-filled for longer shelf life and superior nutrition.
    * 100% Juice, 100% Natural and no sugar added.

I hadn't even thought about it before, but this would be really good with some added fat, coconut milk and some whey protein. What do you guys think?

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I love green smoothies as well, and after learning about the PB, I subbed out most of the whole banana I was adding for stevia (I leave 1/4 banana for creaminess though). I also use 1/2 cup coconut milk (full fat), 1/2 cup of some blend of frozen berries, and 1.5-2 cups greens (whatever I have on hand). Also, a dash of vanilla extract and a pinch of stevia. I've added bee pollen and concentrace mineral drops as well at times.

I've heard of someone adding raw frozen liver, and not tasting it (it was a small amount). I've added cod liver oil in the past which totally ruins it IMO...

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Oh, I also add 1/2 cup water to thin out the coconut milk a bit and make sure it blends well enough (although it would prob be really thick and delish w/ just coconut milk!)

pixichik77 is offline Junior Member
    I'm new to PB, but I have done green smoothies. Mine are simple (usual one is 2 handfuls of spinach, banana, pear, and mango; blend with 2 cups of water/coconut water) and I started them because i also HATE salad.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    I use 8 oz of homemade kefir, 1/2 c frozen spinach, 1 c fresh kale, 3/4 c froz blueberries and 1/4 banana. Delish!

jadeocean is offline Member
    Mine is: 1 c kale, 1/2c coconut milk, 1 c water, 1/2c berries(whichever I have,or a mix), 1/4 banana(sometimes) or 2T 85%-90% cocoa for a treat.
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    1/4 banana, supergreens powder, whey isolate, frozen berries, coconut milk, bunch of frozen spinach. YUM. I eat it PWO about once a week or so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast