Thread: Vegetarian to Primal - what were your experiences? page

lecz0r is offline Senior Member

Vegetarian to Primal - what were your experiences?

After being vegetarian for 4 years I started Primal/Paleo eating about a month ago. I was eating plenty of fruit and vegetables of high quality but I also ate a TON of grain based foods, tons of processed carbs I'm sure. I ate very little sugar and fat. I wouldn't condemn processed foods if they met my 'healthy vegetarian' definition. (Seems like most non-whole food vegetarian options are highly processed)

Since switching to this new way of eating I've naturally had wonderful results and I've been enjoying it very much (keeping my compliance levels high) But one thing I've been curious about...

Which individual thing contributes most to the success of this diet vs a vegetarian one?
    Removing grains/non-fruit/veggie carbs?
    Adding more/large quantities of quality meat?
    Adding more healthy fats? Dairy, eggs?

Obviously, all of these things are great on their own and the whole diet works together in a synergistic way to give the best results. I don't think its realistic to imagine myself removing grains without adding more protein and fat... I think I'd have keeled over after walking up a flight of stairs, carbs were my fuel. I personally feel that removing the grains did the most good for me... within 6 hours I felt the difference and it was lasting. Instantly, I was less crabby and had far more stable energy.

For the others who were veg*n - how was the transition for you? What part do you think contributed most to your milestones regarding how you felt, physically and mentally?

I wonder what someone who isn't willing to take a PB lifestyle seriously would benefit the most from... they might be more open minded if they experienced some of the great aspects themselves.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    personally, Killing those grains really did the job for me.

The fats are just so yummy too XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lecz0r View Post
    A
    I wonder what someone who isn't willing to take a PB lifestyle seriously would benefit the most from... they might be more open minded if they experienced some of the great aspects themselves.
    Ditching the grains is key. Do whatever you have to to get rid of them.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i was veggie for three years

ditching grains improved my digestion

protein and fat revived my body