Thread: Backne from exercise page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

Backne from exercise

Just wondering if anyone has encountered the phenomenon of getting pimples on their back from working out? I started pounding the gym a month ago, and since then I've been subject to the dreaded backne. I'm sure it's from the sweat, and I shower right after a workout but still get them.

Anyone got any tricks to avoid / heal the outbreaks?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Might be partly due to raised testosterone. BUT. Hot showers give me bacne. I only take lukewarm to icy showers and it really keeps the skin troubles away.

And the usual, green tea, dandelion root, all the typical acne-fighting foods do seem to help a ton.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Are you eating dairy?

Sent via A-10 Warthog

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm not convinced sweat = acne in the least. Look more to your diet, and like knife said consider luke warm or cold showers.

RedMenace is offline Senior Member
    Also, depending on what you're coming into contact with, be it bench cleaner at the gym, or sunscreen, or just non-breathable fabric blends in your shirts, you may just need to take the proper precautions.

Also, exfoliate. Get a shower brush with a long handle. Use soap without a bunch of fragrances, dyes, alcohol, or weird preservatives in it.
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
    Also, depending on what you're coming into contact with, be it bench cleaner at the gym, or sunscreen, or just non-breathable fabric blends in your shirts, you may just need to take the proper precautions.

Also, exfoliate. Get a shower brush with a long handle. Use soap without a bunch of fragrances, dyes, alcohol, or weird preservatives in it.
    Thanks Redmenace. Yup, I wear a spandex bra, and I thought that might be contributing... but saying that, the only other time I had this problem was when I was doing Bikram (aka SWEAT BOX) yoga, and I wore a regular bra in that. I was considering powdering my shoulders with baking soda, ha

Exfoliation actually gives me spots (my skin is super delicate), so I will try the cold showers as Knife suggested.

Neck and Mr: don't mean to ignore you, but I just can't do another Peat conversation...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

RedMenace is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I was considering powdering my shoulders with baking soda, ha
    Oh! Good call! I use food-grade potato or corn starch sometimes and it works wonders! I can't believe I forgot that!
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html