Thread: On The Path To My Black Belt page

dragonjax is offline Senior Member

On The Path To My Black Belt

I will remember this. Not the guilt for eating a lot of processed crap and grains and low-quality foods over the weekend. This feeling of being bloated, uncomfortable, stuffed and yet hungry. The oily feeling on my face. The stretched feeling in my belly. The general malaise. I will remember this the next time I consider eating processed crap and grains and low-quality food. And maybe next time, I'll make a better choice.

This weekend, I over-indulged. The weekend is done. Getting back on track.

~

In 23 days, I'll be seeing my surgeon. He'll tell me if my reconstructed ACL is finally done healing and I can return to taekwondo. If that's the case, then I'll be back in the dojang officially after Labor Day. Haven't done TKD since I told the ACL on December 1, 2012. Can't begin to express how much I've missed it, let alone being physically active.

And it would be awesome if I actually fit into my dobuk...

Okay. This is me, not feeling lousy about my poor food choices. I ate poorly; my body is letting me know how poor those choices were; this is me learning from it and moving on.

(Yes, she **can** be taught!)
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Yesterday, I did better. I'm logging my food in LoseIt just as a way to stay honest.

B: 3 eggs in ghee; 6 strips gold-plated bacon (just pork and sea salt); black coffee; water
    L: 2 celery stalks, handful of walnuts
    D: 1.5 chicken thighs, roasted, with 1/4 whole zucchini "zoodles" with a bit of toasted almond flour/coconut oil crumbs; 2 glasses white wine (not so great); 2 rice cakes (also not great)

No exercise -- including no physical therapy, ugh. That wasn't great.

Today, so far, so good: same breakfast as yesterday, but with less bacon (4 strips). Getting ready to take a walk and do my PT.

21 days until I see my surgeon. Exactly three weeks from today, I'll be in the waiting room, crossing my fingers that I will be allowed to return to TKD, as well as resume other regular activity.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, my weight and inches are waaaaaay up. This is me, trying not to make more of that than it is.

Yesterday's food:

B: 3 eggs in ghee; 4 strips bacon; black coffee; water
    L: 1 apple w/2 T almond butter; banana
    D: 1 c Greek Yogurt (nonfat) w/1 c raspberries and 1 banana; 1.5 oz turkey w/4 strips bacon in Paleo Wrap; water
    S: 4 oz white wine, 2 rice cakes, 2 mini York Peppermint Patties

Yeah, I know.

Activity yesterday: 30 minutes walking; extended physical therapy session at home; private lesson in taekwondo to work on hand techniques only; jogging 1 mile with a 5 min walking warmup and 5 min walking cooldown. Lots of icing on my knee and hamstring.

My sleep last night was messed up; too little, interrupted, and in general feeling tired and bloated.

I really have to stop dicking around and get my eating reined in. More quality protein; less fruit; quit it with the processed sugar and the rice cakes. Sheesh.

The stress over seeing my surgeon in 20 days isn't helping, but short of just breathing through it and thinking positive thoughts, that's not going to change.

Once I get the all-clear, I'm looking forward to getting back to weightlifting. Of course, the only options around here are either Crossfit (not returning) and Kettlebells, so I'm going to give KB a shot. Anything is better than nothing.

And the TKD, of course! Psyched about the private lesson; it feels good to focus on hand techniques. I even have homework -- have to break down the hammer block, backfist to the side of the head, and the palm block, then demonstrate the techniques to my instructor next week. (The goal of the private lessons is to improve my hand techniques.)

The jogging isn't for cardio per se; it's to improve my endurance/stamina both post-surgery and, more long-term, to build my endurance during sparring. For when I get back to TKD. Which, God willing, will be in 20 days.

And then, I hope I fit into my dobuk.

Gah. Off to get some black coffee. (I'd fooled around with BPC the other week, and right now, the thought of adding butter to my coffee to drink it makes me shudder.)