Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woman wears corset continually for THREE YEARS. Attains 16" waist... page 2

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OMG her poor lost spinal muscles.

To do list:

16 inch waist.... CHECK
    Lifelong damage and future wheelchair user ..... DOUBLE CHECK

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    I would be interested to see an x-ray or CT image of her internal organs. I would imagine that they are skewed.
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    That looks awful. I would love a waist though. I am pretty straight except for boobs LOL. that pic looks a bit odd though, could be a bit photoshopped.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Back when corsets were the rule, people believed they were critically necessary for a woman's health. Now it is believed they are extremely harmful. Neither is true.
    So letting your abs atrophy (and assuming back muscles) isn't harmful?

And she looks in pain. But whatever floats her boat....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

And she looks in pain. But whatever floats her boat....
    Yeah.... to whoever you were quoting the latter is definitely TRUE. Sometimes old school didn't know best.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    People imagine the extreme fashion silhouette was the norm, but in fact, only a small % of the population could afford to dress like that. Most women had work to do. Their corsets/stays/bodies, whatever they were called in their period, were the equivalent of bras. Without modern stretch fabrics, it took some engineering to hold the breasts securely. In some periods, the garment functioned a bit like a weight-lifting belt during heavy labor, as well. If you speak to modern women working on living history farms today, some of them actually like their under-armor better than a modern bra.

That 16" waist look is creepy though. I'm thinking it's something like a very focused sort of anorexia.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I read that Jessica Alba did the corset thing for three months after being pregnant to get her figure back... Weird. It obviously does something. Though this German woman had an ultrasound of her stomach done and her digestive tract her stomach had been squished into an unnatural position, but she doesn't believe her doctor. She also can't eat a normal-size meal, because the corset constricts her stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    That 16" waist look is creepy though. I'm thinking it's something like a very focused sort of anorexia.
    It kind of reminds me of those women who get HUGE breast implants... It's kind of body dysmorphia?

Quote Originally Posted by fifer View Post
    Do people find it attractive?
    I'm sure there are - there are always people out there who find the extreme attractive. Extreme thinness, extreme fatness, extreme makeup, extreme boob jobs...

I like corsets and the hour glass shape, but these pictures make me sad. She looks artificial.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Her figure looked much better before
    nihil

Cyborcat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
    It really is. I like the look of corsets too, but not to this extreme. I'd love to have one or two for the sake of wearing period costumes (former theatre major here) . . . but I couldn't ever do it to the point where it's more than 2-3" smaller than my natural waist. Reminds me of the pictures back in the height of corseting from the 16-18 hundred, where women's ribs and internal organs were just so completely out of whack.
    I used to cosplay, and a lot of the costumes I made involved a bodice of some kind so I had a steel-boned corset made to wear under them--cinched in my waist a few inches, and made my scoliosis seem to disappear (not sure if it actually straightened my spine but it sure looked like it did). It looked awesome.

As for the subject of this thread, it may not be harmful, but I find the way it causes the ribs to curve in more and the organs to be pushed downward kind of disturbing. I think if I found that happening to me, I'd freak out and stop.

I don't know if there's much of a point to what I'm saying, just musing I guess =P
    My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
    (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
    Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
    (Red Dwarf)

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still hard on the eyes
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast