Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!! page

tabithatoes is offline Member

I did it!!!

Primal Fuel
    *Sigh*

I've done it. I've been a vegetarian for 2 years, pescatarian for 6 months.

I just fried up a slice of BACON and ate it! It was just as effing delicious as I remembered. Granted, I sandwiched it between 1/4 slice of white bread... but whatever. I DID IT!!!! And I did it with humanely raised, organic meat. Freakin' MEAT! Sorry folks, but this is kindof a big deal. Thanks to everyone who commented on my other thread about the transition. The best advice was to do what feels right, and that change happens in an instant. Here's to being primal!

Now, to avoid having anxiety about the whole thing, I'm gonna go do some busywork until dinnertime

Gregory Grok is offline Member
    I'm happy to hear that you've made the transition back to eating meat. Please keep the MDA community informed on your journey back to the omnivorous side of town. What meat are you planning on eating next?

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Booyah! Congrats! We knew you'd tackle it and wow... that was quick too. You are eager and more capable than you knew!

Glad to hear it was a great experience, that makes all the difference. I wasn't sure what to expect with my first meal w/ meat but it was amazing just as you describe and now I can't stop. =P Good luck with the rest of the transition, but frankly... you are most of the way there.

NoMoreGrains is offline Member
    I actually had bacon for the first time in 5 or 6 years today. Not because of vegetarianism, but because of the CW fears of fat and cholesterol, and overall "unhealthiness" of bacon. With all the reading I've been doing on the advantages of a high-fat, low-carb diet, I can now safely conclude that bacon is a much better food than oats!

Darrin is offline Senior Member
    Haha, congrats! Ain't no better way to go out with a bang than with some bacon!
    Lean, Mean, Virile Machine
    The Modern Man's Guide to Health, Fitness, and Wellness

Congrats to you too then!
    And me too... I had my first bacon in 4-5 years two days ago. I was a vegetarian, primal for 4 weeks but hadn't delved into any pig products. I think bacon will be a regular item in my diet now.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    mmmm, bacon. One of my first meats after 7 years veg. Don't look back now, you're off to a good start!

tabithatoes is offline Member
    Thanks guys I'm really surprised I went straight to bacon... SO much flavor. I actually haven't cooked bacon in 2 years, just so I wouldn't be tempted to eat it.

GregoryGrok, I think I'll make some chicken salad soon. I also have some very thinly sliced canadian bacon that I may try with an egg one hungry morning. I'm not overly eager to delve into meats, but I'm very excited for the nutrition and variety that it's going to add to my diet. I also expect that some of my vegetarian induced digestive issues will resolve themselves. Eliminating grains on an 80/20 basis has done wonders already!

Jason, thanks again for your support. You've given me some fantastic advice and encouragement.

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Haha, congrats! Ain't no better way to go out with a bang than with some bacon!
    Homer has this to say on the matter:

(Lisa) "I'm going to become a vegetarian"
    (Homer) "Does that mean you're not going to eat any pork?"
    "Yes"
    "Bacon?"
    "Yes, Dad"
    Ham?"
    "Dad all those meats come from the same animal"
    "Right Lisa, some wonderful, magical animal!"

It is at that! Enjoy!

You're welcome, of course... glad to seem more folks doing well. Really - I've not seen very many people on the forum complaining about PB or eating Paleo style - odd ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast