Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ratio for losing body fat page

Davidil is offline Senior Member

Ratio for losing body fat

Primal Fuel
    I'm just not getting it.

I work out at the gym, hard. Five times a week.

Mentally - I can go with NO carbs. I can literally not eat carbs AT ALL because I enjoy meat and salads so much, and have my few restaurants that serve carbless dishes that I love.

But when I don't eat any carbs - I get EXHAUSTED and depressed. So I need to force myself to eat carbs.

I'm THIN, if you'd see me you wouldn't understand why I'm even bothering with this thread, but I'm trying FOR ONCE in my life to get a sixpack. I'm 34, it's now or never.

So what exactly am I don't wrong that it doesn't seem like I'm losing enough fat? I lost a ton, but now I'm stuck somehow.

I'm 5.8, about 154 pounds. What's the carbs / protein / fat ratio I should have, considering that I'm working hard at the gym with weights? I don't do cardio, only lifting.

Some calculator I found online gave me this:

GRAMS per day

Carbs 112g
    Protein 180g
    Fat 70g

Does this seem right? So it's like:

Two large potatoes for carbs (400 grams of rice)
    800 Gram of chicken (?!?!?!) for protein
    Fat to come from chicken I guess.

In THEORY, that's the amount of food I should eat a day? If I add a large salad, I'm good? I think I had way too much Tahini with my chicken, that stuff is packed with calories. Is that too much carbs?

I've NEVER counted this stuff before so I'm just writing this to get a ballpark figures. I'm shocked that 400 grams of rice is just about 120 grams of carbs.
    Last edited by Davidil; 08-04-2013 at 02:13 AM.

thriveful is offline Senior Member
    Check out Nate Miyaki's site, you should find some useful stuff. I tend to go 1 G protein per pound of BW, carbs to meet your athletic needs, maybe start at 100g then work it up if needed. Fill the rest of your calorific needs with fat sources. But look at your calorie requirements and work it from there.

If you are happy to monitor calories for a couple of weeks, do it, the move calories/ food intake up or down to meet your body comp/ energy goals

Yeah, I was shocked too, I eat 200g or sweet potato and 150g rice, still only just over 100g carbs, very cool

400 grams of rice is TONS of Sushi, it's like I can have as much as I want from it.

So, if you are skinny fat, you really need to build muscle mass and lose fat, if you are genuinely thin, I'd work on building some mass for a couple of months and eat accordingly, no need for low carb really. You have to fuel your workouts and if you want to build mass, you need the anabolic effects of carbs to some extent.

Play with the calorie intake and adjust every couple of weeks as needed

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Intermittent fasting?

About the ratios, you're gonna have to figure that out yourself because everyone reacts differently.

And why the 6-pack obsession? Just a personal goal? Your health seems fine otherwise, I personally wouldn't go to so much pain and headache for the vanity...but that's just me.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Most guys want a six pack, vanity of course, but although it doesn't mean you are fit or healthy, bf has to be low. If you can build a good musculature I reckon it's a good look, and so do the girls apparently!

Primal_BK is offline Senior Member
    What do your workouts look like? Length and intensity? Frequency? I was going hard 5 days a week and not seeing much. When I cut my workouts down to 25-40 minutes with increased intensity I saw results. Now my fat and protein intake both vary between 100-200g a day, carbs less then 50, allowing for two refeed days a week (non-workout days).

iconoclast79 is offline Member
    Um, eat some carbs?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast