Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ratio for losing body fat page 11

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Heh, yes THE RING! Invest in a very heavy and visible golden ring, to attract al those femme fatals that want to rob the husband from somebody! Personally I don’t need to use that tool though, and it still happens that 18 -20 year old girls give me their cell number, as happened with the girl working in the paper shop that started flirting with me a few days ago when I bought some stuff for my office! She even seemed to believe my blatant "innocent" lie when I told her that I was 33 years of age...
    Whoever fights trolls should see to it that in the process he does not become a troll - for when you gaze long enough into the computer screen, the computer screen will gaze back into you!
    - Gorbag Nietzsche

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I really do think that, for guys especially, training hard while undergoing puberty "sets the stage" for maintaining fitness more easily. I see it with gymnasts a lot--if you get a kid early, and he's training through puberty, his strength levels are really good decades later. If you get someone who starts training hard post-puberty it seems much more difficult.
    Interesting. They say that it's easier to learn a language before age 14, as learning becomes more difficult then. This definitely has to apply to finess. Read up on myelin, really cool stuff.

Growing up I mostly played soccer, didn't work on strength building via lifting until around 16-17, which now seems kinda late. I was always "fit" enough to do push ups and pull ups though, so I wouldn't say I was weak before that either. Still, I put a cool 30lbs after high school cus I stopped playing soccer... (and started smoking pot...)
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    A high fasting BG is not necessarily a cause for concern if you other markers are normal, but a low carber is more likely to have issues since carbohydrate-restriction reduces insulin sensitivity.
    This is soooo far out of context....

This is an acute reaction to increased FFA. Not a chronic lack of carbs. You go through this same insulin resistance Choco every morning when you wake up. Eat enough carbs and this resistance goes away because of the increase in insulin. Again it is acute resistance not chronic.

Lyle has an article on this as well. He needs too to defend his ketosis diet.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    It's almost like he's been following my posts, huh? I'm proud to be ahead of the Primal Blueprint curve
    oh, choco
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

WaylandC is online now Senior Member
    You people make my head hurt.

Davidil, what kind of workouts are you doing?

I say 3 days a week of weight lifting (if done right) is all you need.

I know how to get results from only two days a week. Modifying volume and intensity is what matters. Dietary control helps dial in results.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    if you eat salad you are eating carbs.
    Why are you worried about carbs eat primal and enjoy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    This is soooo far out of context....

This is an acute reaction to increased FFA. Not a chronic lack of carbs. You go through this same insulin resistance Choco every morning when you wake up. Eat enough carbs and this resistance goes away because of the increase in insulin. Again it is acute resistance not chronic.

Lyle has an article on this as well. He needs too to defend his ketosis diet.
    It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues. I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.

Again, I never said it was a serious health concern. I'm merely pointing out that a low carbohydrate diet is a disadvantage versus a balanced approach. A mixed diet where fat, protein and carbohydrate are all included in ample supply is going to steamroll a restrictive diet in the overwhelming majority of cases.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues. I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.

Again, I never said it was a serious health concern. I'm merely pointing out that a low carbohydrate diet is a disadvantage versus a balanced approach. A mixed diet where fat, protein and carbohydrate are all included in ample supply is going to steamroll a restrictive diet in the overwhelming majority of cases.
    That is an acute response. Also, so what. There are a hundred people on this forum who will respond that the opposite is true a d steak and eggs make them feel less foggy.

What do you mean disadvantage? I didn't know it was a contest.

Sent from my Nexus S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    It's not out of context at all. Give a low carber a carb-heavy meal out of nowhere. They usually get tired and complain about bloating and water retention. I don't have these issues.
    Most of the "bloating" complaints also include mention of eating foods they knew they were intolerant to. You avoid those foods. So it's a different situation.

I've been eating yogurt and fruit for meals - near zero fat and 100+ carbohydrates in a sitting. If anything they make me feel better, more alert and less foggy than a more typical eggs-and-bacon breakfast.
    The fact that you are able to consume a zero fat diet that is purely carbs has no bearing on what other people can tolerate or enjoy.

I'm still not seeing how any of your n=1 can be applied to anyone but you with any reliability to make the judgment about others.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    FWIW, I have experimented with some of choco's claims, and have adopted a lot of things into my own. I've been much better off since.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast