Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of you are extreme!! page

Ripped42young is offline Junior Member

Some of you are extreme!!

Primal Fuel
    OK i have been primal for about a month and when people go into the scientific it drives me nuts Grok ate what he hunted and gathered and didnt break out a calculator to calculate omegas and fats and such.. Just eat primal and it will fall into place RELAX lol................

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Okay but that problem with that notion is that the more one knows, the better it falls into place. Good health isn't yes or no, a or b, black or white, disease vs nothing diagnosed, primal vs non primal. There is tons of variation and I find that it matters to play with the variables. You relax. If you think you have it all figured out and can't possibly improve upon anything as long as you're eating "primally" go hard, but I'm going to strongly disagree and that condescending and complacent attitude isn't very becoming.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    We hunt and gather at the supermarket and they always have lots of almonds so I guess that means it's ok to eat like a pound a day lol

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint is a health style. this is a health forum. where we talk about health. which, a lot of the time, involves talking abot numbers and ratios.

Good job yelling at everyone though. great move.... :/

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I disagree, it's not us that is extreme. This world we live in is extreme, our f'd up food supply, the insane amount of variations of products out there, the toxins in our food, mercury in our fish, the animals we eat eating crap themselves....well, you get it. I think it takes A LOT of research and knowledge to navigate through all this and find out what is actually safe to eat in this world. Grok didn't really have the option to mess up his diet like we do. It's unfortunate that we have to analyze the crap out of everything but if you don't then there's a good chance you're getting a lot wrong. Maybe that doesn't matter to YOU, but for most of us here, especially those trying to overcome health issues we can't just relax.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member
    I think Ripped42young has a point regarding weighing and measuring the micro-nutrients in everything we eat. But I second PrimalChild in that, in our modern environment, we need analysis and science to discern good from bad foods. as opposed to Grok, we have access to unhealthy food in terms of quantity and quality. Additionally, Evolutionary Nutrition and Fitness is, and pardon the redundancy, an evolving field, so I guess it pays off to remain skeptical and informed.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    Okay but that problem with that notion is that the more one knows, the better it falls into place. Good health isn't yes or no, a or b, black or white, disease vs nothing diagnosed, primal vs non primal. There is tons of variation and I find that it matters to play with the variables. You relax. If you think you have it all figured out and can't possibly improve upon anything as long as you're eating "primally" go hard, but I'm going to strongly disagree and that condescending and complacent attitude isn't very becoming.
    +1
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I personally find it entertaining to analyze things. It's a hobby of mine. I love reading and doing research online, and seeing what im putting into my body. ha.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabby View Post
    +2

Ripped42young is offline Junior Member
    LOL im not condesending and i dont eat a pound of nuts im just saying eat primal and it will fall into place measuring and worrying about all the science behind it seems to me a bit crazy....If you follow the simple rules and eat right as in all the good foods the wieght just keeps falling off... 5'9" 174 and 10%to11% BF down from 184 from a month ago..........................So sorry if i offended anyone I guess i am just more laid back with the eating aspect......

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast