Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: how to repair the body from excess polyunsaturated fat intake and free radi page 3

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Its interesting to note that studies of ancestral diets indicate a fairly high consumption of PUFAs with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (compared with 10:1 today). This opening quote of S. Boyd Eaton's from the Department of Anthropology and Radiology at Emory University is interesting. Note their studies indicate ancestral diets of the first modern-behaviorally humans in East Africa broke down along the following lines: 35% of dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein.

"Awareness of the ancestral human diet might advance traditional nutrition science. The human genome has hardly changed since the emergence of behaviorally-modern humans in East Africa 100–50 X 10 (3) years ago; genetically, man remains adapted for the foods consumed then. The best available estimates suggest that those ancestors obtained about 35% of their dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein. Saturated fats contributed approximately 7.5% total energy and harmful trans-fatty acids contributed negligible amounts. Polyunsaturated fat intake was high, with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (v. 10:1 today). Cholesterol consumption was substantial, perhaps 480 mg/d. Carbohydrate came from uncultivated fruits and vegetables, approximately 50% energy intake as compared with the present level of 16% energy intake from fruits and vegetables for Americans. High fruit and vegetable intake and minimal grain and dairy consumption made ancestral diets base-yielding, unlike today’s acid-producing pattern. Honey comprised 2–3% energy intake as compared with the 15% added sugars contribute currently. Fibre consumption was high, perhaps 100 g/d, but phytate content was minimal. Vitamin, mineral and (probably) phytochemical intake was typically 1.5 to eight times that of today except for that of Na, generally <1000 mg/d, i.e. much less than that of K. The field of nutrition science suffers from the absence of a unifying hypothesis on which to build a dietary strategy for prevention; there is no Kuhnian paradigm, which some researchers believe to be a prerequisite for progress in any scientific discipline. An understanding of human evolutionary experience and its relevance to contemporary nutritional requirements may address this critical deficiency."

Here's a link to the full white paper if your interested - http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-05-2013 at 03:32 PM.

w0gwnth is offline Member
    this thread has been completely jacked... antioxidants are what frees the body from free radicals... coffee, tea, small red beans, kidney beans, blueberries, apples, carrots. tons of stuff
    Last edited by w0gwnth; 08-07-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    That's dumb. Just don't eat arsenic.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    That's dumb. Just don't eat arsenic.
    Stop Making Sense! It annoys people!

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Huh

Is the OP now brainwashed into equating PUFA with arsenic or was that linked in the wrong thread?

The answer is still eat primal.

w0gwnth is offline Member
    whoops wrong thread...

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by w0gwnth View Post
    this thread has been completely jacked... antioxidants are what frees the body from free radicals... coffee, tea, small red beans, kidney beans, blueberries, apples, carrots. tons of stuff
    Huh?? Antioxidants are so 1990. Get up to date man.

Dailytribal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    Its interesting to note that studies of ancestral diets indicate a fairly high consumption of PUFAs with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (compared with 10:1 today). This opening quote of S. Boyd Eaton's from the Department of Anthropology and Radiology at Emory University is interesting. Note their studies indicate ancestral diets of the first modern-behaviorally humans in East Africa broke down along the following lines: 35% of dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein.

"Awareness of the ancestral human diet might advance traditional nutrition science. The human genome has hardly changed since the emergence of behaviorally-modern humans in East Africa 100–50 X 10 (3) years ago; genetically, man remains adapted for the foods consumed then. The best available estimates suggest that those ancestors obtained about 35% of their dietary energy from fats, 35% from carbohydrates and 30% from protein. Saturated fats contributed approximately 7.5% total energy and harmful trans-fatty acids contributed negligible amounts. Polyunsaturated fat intake was high, with n-6:n-3 approaching 2:1 (v. 10:1 today). Cholesterol consumption was substantial, perhaps 480 mg/d. Carbohydrate came from uncultivated fruits and vegetables, approximately 50% energy intake as compared with the present level of 16% energy intake from fruits and vegetables for Americans. High fruit and vegetable intake and minimal grain and dairy consumption made ancestral diets base-yielding, unlike today’s acid-producing pattern. Honey comprised 2–3% energy intake as compared with the 15% added sugars contribute currently. Fibre consumption was high, perhaps 100 g/d, but phytate content was minimal. Vitamin, mineral and (probably) phytochemical intake was typically 1.5 to eight times that of today except for that of Na, generally <1000 mg/d, i.e. much less than that of K. The field of nutrition science suffers from the absence of a unifying hypothesis on which to build a dietary strategy for prevention; there is no Kuhnian paradigm, which some researchers believe to be a prerequisite for progress in any scientific discipline. An understanding of human evolutionary experience and its relevance to contemporary nutritional requirements may address this critical deficiency."

Here's a link to the full white paper if your interested - http://www.gregdavis.ca/share/paleo-...yd%20Eaton.pdf
    Some people don't think we came from africa. And I wouldn't really bother listening to what people think we ate 50,000 and a hundred thousand years ago. I mean the exact ration, lol......

Also, isn't trans fat from meat or rather natural trans fat not really bad?

Dailytribal is offline Banned
    Oh and why not fast? I don't think many people at all fast. Go like 10 days or 7. Body eats all the crap inside itself and you can start new. But read about it on what you should eat after coming off a fast. Think fasting is a big key in all this stuff.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Dailytribal View Post
    Some people don't think we came from africa. And I wouldn't really bother listening to what people think we ate 50,000 and a hundred thousand years ago. I mean the exact ration, lol......

Also, isn't trans fat from meat or rather natural trans fat not really bad?
    Lol..I think you are confusing sat fats and trans fats.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast