Thread: My Primal restaurant choices last night page

CaliforniaGirl is offline Senior Member

My Primal restaurant choices last night

Shop Now
    I went to a Mediteranean restaurant last night and felt like I made pretty good choices and just wanted to share.

Instead of having bread, we asked if we could have olives instead. They had no problem with this.

For appetizers we ordered a yogurt dip and an eggplant dip and asked if we could have some cut up vegetables instead of pita brea. We told them we are allergic to gluten. We did get some strange/confused looks, and then they asked us if we wanted a salad and finally I said why don't you just give us some cut up cucumbers which they did.

Then for our entrees we ordered lamb kibabs and chicken kibabs and got rice instead of french fries. I only ate about a 1/2 cup of the rice.

We decided not to get desert and went home and made whipped coconut cream with blueberries.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you made good choices, oceangrl. It is nice when restaurant staff will adjust to the dietary requirements of guests.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Sounds like you made good choices, oceangrl. It is nice when restaurant staff will adjust to the dietary requirements of guests.
    Lol..Janie you just called California Girl OG.

California Girl..the eggplant dip with veggies sounds delicious. Nice job on Primal ordering.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    LOL. Sorry, ladies. See what a glass of wine will do to me!
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    My only beef is you telling them you are allergic to gluten if you aren't in fact allergic to it (which you can't be if you are eating at a Mediterranean place). This makes it much harder for celiacs who will eat there later because the kitchen staff gets fed up with trying to prevent cross contamination for someone making a lifestyle choice, and then they don't bother when an actual celiac needs that level of precaution. I've had to quit eating out because people like you have ruined several of the restaurants near me.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    LOL. Sorry, ladies. See what a glass of wine will do to me!
    Lol...drink on, Janie..drink on. :0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    You might want to ask them what kind of oil they use to cook with.