Page 80 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 80

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just another note on aspirin: I read that if you take it with coffee it's like taking T3!

Also, does anyone (ie. Derp and Zach) know how to improvement tolerance to dairy? Danny Roddy suggests just eating it as much as possible but I've been eating it for three months now and it's still bloating me. Have been doing the milk with sugar too...

Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Just bringing this back out, curious if there anything special/specific, food-wise that could help bring these hormone up aside from what has been prescribed to me? Was given progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone, adrenal supplement for the AM.

I've recently incorporated gelatin, fruits, dairy (cottage cheese mainly) -- I had OJ for a while, but bought another brand that really broke me out all over my face, so i'm taking a break this week since i'm heading on vacation and need to look nice.
    Hey Nivanthe At a glance, your results looks pretty similar to Paleomom's... why don't you pop into her journal, or send her a pm? She's on treatment and might be able to suggest something to you. How are you getting on with the Peat woe (other than the skin break out )?
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nivanthe is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Hey Nivanthe At a glance, your results looks pretty similar to Paleomom's... why don't you pop into her journal, or send her a pm? She's on treatment and might be able to suggest something to you. How are you getting on with the Peat woe (other than the skin break out )?
    Pretty well actually, thanks! Also slowly yet steadily heading down on the scale while feeling very satisfied which was my #1 worry. Well, besides the new hormone worry. I was not getting breakouts with 1 brand of OJ, which was actually the publix store brand that I think they actually make fresh. Any of the others, even if it had nothing conspicuous in the ingredients, just did not react well with me.

And thanks for the suggestion, will do.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Pretty well actually, thanks! Also slowly yet steadily heading down on the scale while feeling very satisfied which was my #1 worry. Well, besides the new hormone worry. I was not getting breakouts with 1 brand of OJ, which was actually the publix store brand that I think they actually make fresh. Any of the others, even if it had nothing conspicuous in the ingredients, just did not react well with me.

And thanks for the suggestion, will do.
    I'm sorry I don't actually have any advice. It can take a few weeks for the hormones to fully kick in, so be patient and be prepared to go bra shopping soon. My boobs really started growing!

Nivanthe is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    My boobs really started growing!
    Heh I was actually wondering about that after researching progesterone. I was always fine with the size of mine, but not the shape. I guess they're similar to what is called "shallow". I wouldn't mind if they filled out a bit!

And darn, i'm doing some bra shopping this upcoming week, will have to keep some funds in reserves

Zach is offline Banned
    Yoga, what mind of milk are you drinking?

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Nothing fancy... Store bought, semi-skimmed - less than 2% fat. When I have hot milk I sometimes dilute it with water.

But cheese definitely bloats me too
    Last edited by YogaBare; 09-12-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Nstocks is offline Senior Member
    Is coconut water a good option to drink? I'm not drinking much OJ because lately the bulk oranges have been poor quality. I'm still drinking around 1L of goat milk and though about buying raw but it's almost 4x the price, which isn't very appealing.

Great deal on a lot of Vitacoco on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vita-Natural...=coconut+water

EDIT: Turns out that Raw goat milk and current promo on coconut water are the same price. Roughly 24 for 8 litres. (12 of that is shippings costs for the milk )
    Last edited by Nstocks; 09-12-2013 at 04:10 PM.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    What's the texture like? I always imagined it's like squid!
    It's rubbery like squid, but softer (squid is like gum to me). It has to be cooked a long time so it's soft. Tripe does have a distinct organ taste though.. I don't mind because I eat all organs, but my husband wouldn't touch it.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Just another note on aspirin: I read that if you take it with coffee it's like taking T3!

Also, does anyone (ie. Derp and Zach) know how to improvement tolerance to dairy? Danny Roddy suggests just eating it as much as possible but I've been eating it for three months now and it's still bloating me. Have been doing the milk with sugar too...
    Have you experimented with different brands of milk? I thought I was lactose intolerant for the longest time because I used to get gassy and stomach pain after drinking milk. But I found brands without added vitamins are just fine, now I can drink a quart a day without problems.

I'm still trying different brands of cheese though. Some give me gas and some don't. Daisy's cottage cheese do
    Last edited by girlhk; 09-12-2013 at 04:23 PM.

BananaLeaf is offline Member
    I have made a few basic changes to my life and diet in the last 2 weeks and have seen some positive results. Figured I may as well share.

Summary of changes made:

-I am having orange juice with a tablespoon of potato starch every morning
    -I allow myself to drink orange juice whenever I want to
    -I have been eating more cheese
    -I have been eating oysters on occasion
    -I have been using a Squatty Potty
    -I have a glass of milk with a tablespoon of gelatine every night before bed
    -I've been going to sleep before 10pm (often before 9:30)
    -I've been waking up at 5:30 every day
    -I've been exfoliating my face with baking soda every 3 days
    -I've been using diluted apple cider vinegar as a skin toner

Results:

-No more digestive problems. I am having daily BMs with no pain and no feelings of blockages in my intestines.
    -I have more energy. Not the kind of boundless energy that I would like, but I am not dragging myself at the end of my work day either.
    -I am sleeping well and waking up easily.
    -My skin looks younger and tighter
    -I think my lips look more pink (not sure if I'm imagining this one)

Moving forward:

-I am most happy with the digestive improvements. That alone is enough to keep me going with my new habits.
    -I have about 20 pounds to lose so time will tell if anything changes in that regard
    -I would like to increase my daily gelatine, but think that it makes me sleeping if I take it earlier in the day. More experimentation is needed.

Love this thread!