Page 79 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 79

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Exactly what Derp said: Eat as much meat as you want, but try to get plenty of gelatin and bone broth with it, choose leaner cuts to minimize PUFAs. I don't eat like the other ones here, I'm a far-left Peatie. My menu is currently absent of dairy and eggs and coffee. I'm just going for low, low, low PUFAs, high nutrients from juices, fruit, liver and oysters, etc. I eat potatoes, rice, nixtamalized corn, and more cooked meals than these sugar bees. Kidding. They're my people and I <3 them.
    Thank you! I appreciate the tips

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I could listen to Dr. Peat talk all day long! Ray Peat and Bud Weiss - The Biology of Carbon Dioxide (Recorded on October 9, 2010) - YouTube

Let's talk about CO2. After watching that video I want to take a trip to Germany for some Nauheim bath therapy. Not even kidding. How do you guys increase your CO2 production? Bag breathing? Anyone use CO2 therapy? I'm really interested in CO2 bag therapy, anyone have any idea for how long you'd leave it on for? Derp? Zach?

This is all very fascinating.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I just wanna throw this out for anyone reading who may even find that both of those options are cost prohibitive- chicken feet broth is straight up gelatin. You can't turn it into powder form but you could easily add some warmed broth (unseasoned) to milk and juice, obviously make soup. Chicken feet are like $2 a bag at the Asian/Mexican markets.
    [/URL]
    Oh em gee, that used to be my favorite meat when I was younger. That, and then beef tendon, jellyfish, and beef tripe. You remind me for wanting to make some in my crockpot soon.

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Did you previously have food high in fat? It could be a reaction from a previous meal. Or just too much candy at once. What else was in it?!
    Hmmmm you might be right about the meal high in fat. I had some chicken soup right before that left a greasy feeling on my lips after I ate it. I ate these candies though:

Gluten-Free, Organic Snack Pack Candy | Surf Sweets Sour Berry Bears

Ingredient list doesn't look too bad? Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Grape Juice Concentrate, Pectin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Malic Acid, Asorbic Acid, Colors Added (Black Carrot Juice Concentrate), Natural Flavors.

Unfortunately, it disappointed plenty in sourness Looks like I can only make my own sour candies.

Is tripe nutritious? My father used to cook it often; made the house stinky.

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Good question. I think you can probably find more nutrition in other meat parts. But it never really stunk for me, so not a big deal xD

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Tripe stinks. I cooked deer tripe yesterday and my 2-year-old was quick to say, 'mama, SMELL.'

But I like the texture, and it's something different to eat once in awhile.

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Tripe stinks. I cooked deer tripe yesterday and my 2-year-old was quick to say, 'mama, SMELL.'

Try the "tripes la mode de Caen" (famous middle-ages dish from Caen, the main city of Calvados in Normandie - France), should be better It was a favorite of William the Conqueror who used to drink an apple juice with it.

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post

What's the texture like? I always imagined it's like squid!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Tripe soup was my favorite dish when I traveled to Romania many years back. They serve a hot pepper on the side, it's awesome! Never made it myself though.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    I got my cortisol panel back from the doctor's today, and pretty much every female hormone in the panel is below the low range. DHEA is kind of low, and AM cortisol is at the very bottom of the range given, but the rest of the day is perfect. Also, my Armour dosage went up to 30mg now, from 15mg.

Estradiol ----- 1.2L (Range 1.3 - 3.3)
    Progesterone - 51L (Range 75-270)
    Pg/E2 ratio --- 42L (Range 100-500)
    Just bringing this back out, curious if there anything special/specific, food-wise that could help bring these hormone up aside from what has been prescribed to me? Was given progesterone, DHEA, Pregnenolone, adrenal supplement for the AM.

I've recently incorporated gelatin, fruits, dairy (cottage cheese mainly) -- I had OJ for a while, but bought another brand that really broke me out all over my face, so i'm taking a break this week since i'm heading on vacation and need to look nice.