Page 78 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 78

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Also, Azure Standard sells it in bulk for nearly half the price of Great Lakes...

Azure Standard

Bulk
    Beef Gelatin 100%, Unflavored
    1 lb. - $8.60
    5 lbs. - $36.30 ($7.26 per pound)
    50 lbs. - $323.15 ($6.46 per pound)
    Thanks for this, i never thought to look for a good alternative. I think i will give this brand a try.

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    You can eat meat as much as you want, just eat gelatin to balance the aminos. Also, Peat protein is high, if not higher than majority of diets I've seen.

Take away = lots of fruit, lots of protein, low PUFA, good calcium to phosphorus, sugar is good, dairy is good. That's the basics, tweak accordingly.
    Thank you!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to share - so I am doing that FAST metabolism'ish macro split, and folks, it repeates itself week after week: I drop or hold the weight on the days without fat, either the tropical fruit+ grain (1/2 cup dry) + NF dairy/NF proteins day or the standard paleo w/o fruit (leans and greens) days. But over the three day the fat is added (basically standard paleo with tubers) I gain the weight back. So, it is the fat. Duh. Oh, I eat quark in all 3 phases, so it is not the dairy.

I now soak my grains in lime juice+whey from making quark and that, plus, doggedly eating grains 2x a day, 2 days in a row in a week fixed digestion problems I had in the beginning.

This week, I will try to cut the fat back (nut butter) and replace nuts with beans in those 3 days when fat is allowed, basically going the:

Peat + buckwheat/millet - 2 days
    Lean Keto - 2 days
    Hyman's blood sugar diet (or Ferris with berries, lol)- 3 days
    Last edited by Leida; 09-11-2013 at 10:15 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ugh, i was listening to my uncle talk to someone about that Fast Metabolism book. The entire premise on why it works makes no sense at all and the whole thing just sounds plain ridiculous. I could barely keep my mouth shut when he said "making your metabolism guess what its eating that day will speed it up".

diene is offline Senior Member
    Leida, how is the Fast Metabolism Diet working for you?

Went about a lb a week down for 3 weeks, then started eating more than prescribed during the last Phase 3, and started regaining (2 lbs, back to 135 lbs from 132.5 lbs). I like the rotation though. If it allows me to not exclude any foods I love, I'd be game. I think for me, the separation of fat and starch/carb is the trick, and the way that split is structured, it's doable, but I have to do something about those 3 days - or simply only have 1 day when I can have both fruit and fat.

So, maybe:

Peat + buckwheat/millet - 2 days
    Lean Keto - 2 days
    High Fat Keto - 1 day
    Hyman's blood sugar diet (or Ferris with berries, lol)- 1 day
    Happy DAY!

Husband said not to lose weight as am hard to live with when I am in the low 120's and trying to go lower. (Sigh).

P.S. I know that macro splits work when nothing else does, the goal is to make it doable and easy to manage in a cooking for a family environment.

Cool, thanks. I might give that a shot. My problem is sticking to any kind of strict regimen. I'm really weird. I can pretty much stick to any kind of insane workout regimen, but tell me to stick to a strict diet plan and suddenly I can't do it. Macro splits are especially hard for some reason.

I have the same problem. I think it is because moving is natural, but all strict diets are highly unnatural. Well, for me. I am used to eating when meat is mixed with veg including tubers in a pot, and stuff. And we buy the whole animal thing, which is rarely as lean as the LF end wants it. And not eating fruit is killing me, while eating fruit but cooking roasts and stuff and eating tuna along with it is also no fun.... I just love food too much and all type of foods. But on a normal diet that combines tubers, fruit, and meats/eggs and dairy I gain weight no matter how much of what I do in the gym. (Sigh).

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I have the same problem. I think it is because moving is natural, but all strict diets are highly unnatural. Well, for me. I am used to eating when meat is mixed with veg including tubers in a pot, and stuff. And we buy the whole animal thing, which is rarely as lean as the LF end wants it. And not eating fruit is killing me, while eating fruit but cooking roasts and stuff and eating tuna along with it is also no fun.... I just love food too much and all type of foods. But on a normal diet that combines tubers, fruit, and meats/eggs and dairy I gain weight no matter how much of what I do in the gym. (Sigh).
    Yeah, me too!