Page 76 of 219 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 76

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    My arm and chest hair grew a lot. Are you eating tons of gelatin? I assume this has to do with more DHT, because my ejaculate is much thicker too.
    nihil

jakejoh10 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    My arm and chest hair grew a lot. Are you eating tons of gelatin? I assume this has to do with more DHT, because my ejaculate is much thicker too.
    Nope, not any more than normal (just a few times per week). Not going to lie, I don't want to have a shitload of chest hair lol. I'm pumped about the stable energy and positive mood all day long though.
    My nutrition/fitness/critical thinking blog:

Chest hair is attractive though.

Can always wax it. Take a few shots for the pain before.
    nihil

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    Will add, @PaleoMom: Starch definitely helps me sleep better! Or a bit of ice cream before bed, which is very in-line with the stuff here.
    I used to think starch was great for sleep too, but these last few days of peat have me thinking that I'm sleeping better without it and adding in the gelatin. A bedtime snack of 2 cup broth with 2 T. gelatin has me sleeping like a bear

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Can always wax it. Take a few shots for the pain before.
    Lol. Really?! The shit we women go through...

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I used to think starch was great for sleep too, but these last few days of peat have me thinking that I'm sleeping better without it and adding in the gelatin. A bedtime snack of 2 cup broth with 2 T. gelatin has me sleeping like a bear
    My insomnia is so bad these days that I'm ready to eat mc donalds fries. Kidding. Kind of
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jakejoh10 View Post
    I've been eating more Peat-y than usual over the past week and a half. I typically don't grow much body hair (genetics I guess, my head hair is extremely thick), but over the past week and a half, I've noticed that my body hair (particularly chest hair) is growing extremely quickly.

Anyone else notice an increase in body hair growth while eating 'Peat' (dudes in particular. Ladies, I'm sorry, but I don't want to hear about your chest hair, no offense ).
    Body hair seems normal but my head grows extremely fast as well as my nails. My teeth are also a lot stronger then pre peat.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Lol. Really?! The shit we women go through...
    Plucking eyebrows is bad enough. I'll never wax, no matter how bad my chest hair gets.
    nihil

alleycat is offline Junior Member
    Okay, so I feel like I'm going down the Peat rabbit-hole and had some questions for you guys who have been eating like Peat.

Was it a hard transition from primal to peat? I do love my meat! Do you only eat 1 protein meal a day? You have to cut the fat way down, correct?

Also, I've been reading some Peat daily food journals and it doesn't seem like enough food! Mostly fruit, gelatin, some cottage cheese and maybe oysters during the day and a bigger meal at night? I'm trying to get a feel if I can transition into this way of eating! Thanks for any tips or advice

You can eat meat as much as you want, just eat gelatin to balance the aminos. Also, Peat protein is high, if not higher than majority of diets I've seen.

Take away = lots of fruit, lots of protein, low PUFA, good calcium to phosphorus, sugar is good, dairy is good. That's the basics, tweak accordingly.
    nihil

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Gelatin is so awesome.

I just did the math on it as a protein supplement. I used to take the Jay Robb protein for about 1.95 per 25 grams of protein serving. The Great Lakes gelatin I just ordered cost me around 1.10 per 25 grams of protein and is probably a million times healthier for me plus it has so many other great effects.