Page 69 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 69

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For what it's worth, since I began actively implementing Peat's ideas and eating significantly more fruit and dairy, adding up to 250-300g daily, my milk let-down has been stronger and I've been producing a lot more milk for my little one.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    For what it's worth, since I began actively implementing Peat's ideas and eating significantly more fruit and dairy, adding up to 250-300g daily, my milk let-down has been stronger and I've been producing a lot more milk for my little one.
    That is awesome. Probably the thing that angers me the most on these forums is reading about mothers who are low carbing.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    Have there been any noticeable effects from the super high doses of gelatin? Like Zach's 50g for example?

I just ordered some Great Lakes, but I hate having to order food in the mail. The stuff I buy locally isn't grass fed and clumps really bad. I'm hoping this stuff is better.
    Better digestion, skin, hair, higher volume of ejaculate.... Oh and Yb and others claim it blunts hunger and cravings.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Better digestion, skin, hair, higher volume of ejaculate.... Oh and Yb and others claim it blunts hunger and cravings.
    Hmmm, I don't have trouble in any of those areas... but there is always room for improvement (perhaps I'll start ejaculating,lol hee,hee). I have always been surprised in my path to health how areas that I thought were already just fine suddenly improved and I realized what "normal" could be... so I'll be looking forward to more of those good things

Any tricks for getting gelatin to dissolve? I find if I don't boil the heck out of it in something then I just end up with a giant glob.

Btw Zach, I just saw your most recent pic, you're looking great! This sure seems to be working nicely for you. I'm glad you're in such a comfortable place.

Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Oh, that is just wonderful! I sure wish I had known how to eat back then.

moluv is offline Senior Member

Any tricks for getting gelatin to dissolve? I find if I don't boil the heck out of it in something then I just end up with a giant glob.

Btw Zach, I just saw your most recent pic, you're looking great!
    1. I've been dying to ask this myself

2. Did I miss a new pic of Zach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    2. Did I miss a new pic of Zach?
    Probably not, I've just been absent for several months.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    PM and Moluv, Re: getting gelatin to dissolve, it requires pretty hot water (or coffee) but be sure that you are mixing the hot liquid into the gelatin, not the gelatin into the hot liquid. As in, place gelatin into empty cup, pour hot water over it and stir. Does that help?
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

I'm pretty skeptical of some of the stuff he say's but I'll experiment with a few of his theories and see how it goes.

Cutting out nuts and seeds or any other O-6 sources besides a bowl of oatmeal and some macadamias. Which only has about a gram or 2 anyway.
    Replacing almond milk with coconut milk.
    Adding 10-20g of gelatin. Is that enough?
    Drinking orange juice a bit more regularly.

I won't be eating dairy because I don't really like it besides yogurt and I do better without it.
    Won't be eating shellfish or any seafood because I can't stand the smell or taste.
    Won't be using refined sugar because I have honey, maple, molasses on hand.

I'll give it a month or so.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I'm pretty skeptical of some of the stuff he say's but I'll experiment with a few of his theories and see how it goes.
    Yup. That's how it starts

Your plan looks good. Make sure you eat a lot of fruit and go for gelatinous cuts of meat.

Have there been any noticeable effects from the super high doses of gelatin? Like Zach's 50g for example?
    All the stuff Zach said, plus speed of hair growth My hair grew two inches in a month.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat