Page 68 of 219 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 68

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How much protein you get in a day?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    150g on average. That only includes animal products.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yb, your totally right about Peat. I was sold hook line and sicker on Primal but it took me a long time to even think about a Peat diet and even then i never did implement everything or fully go for it. Now the more i do, the better i feel. I still dont think peat has everything right but it is pretty amazing how accurate he is. Take sugar for example, most people including myself would think its absolutely batty to add a half cup of sugar to your diet. Well now that i finally took the plunge and tried it, im seeing amazing things happen. Who knows how far you could push these things.

As for the ab race, to be fair i said "wanna race" so i technically challanges him. I am eating almost twice as much as him though so i think that will be the most interesting thing.
    Gradual implementation is good with Peat. There's too much anyway to go the whole hog straight away: it's intricate stuff. No, he can't know it all but.... the stuff with the fish oils is now being proven, plus the iron, and the claims against sugar are falling apart. Who knows what else will be proven to be right? He's a visionary.

haha, I don't mean it in a bad way against Knife! Just it shows the playing field for what it is if he's on a restricted-calorie hack, and you're eating as much as you want of your regular fare.

I presume you're talking to Zach, but I got at least 250gs today

I better lift tomorrow..!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

150g on average. That only includes animal products.
    Impressive. I normally only get to 100-120g. A guestimate based on 80g/protein per lb of meat.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 09-07-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I presume you're talking to Zach, but I got at least 250gs today

I better lift tomorrow..!
    Holy hell! Your my hero

Is this a skim milk thing that gets you guys the extra protein?

Zach is offline Banned
    Impressive. I normally only get to 100-120g.
    Gelatin helps a lot.

Holy hell! Your my hero

Is this a skim milk thing that gets you guys the extra protein?
    I ate WAY too much cottage cheese today But even with all that cheese, a huge chunk of watermelon, lots of gelatine, maple syrup etc. I'm probably still under 2K cals.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Gelatin helps a lot.
    Hmmmm. I have been adding 10-20 g (2 knox packets) a day. I must be slacking thou compared to what you all add in.

Hmmmm. I have been adding 10-20 g (2 knox packets) a day. I must be slacking thou compared to what you all add in.
    I eat 3 to 4 packs of gelatine a day, and don't really count it as protein... I usually get 120gs from shell fish and cheese.

- Ray Peat

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Have there been any noticeable effects from the super high doses of gelatin? Like Zach's 50g for example?

I just ordered some Great Lakes, but I hate having to order food in the mail. The stuff I buy locally isn't grass fed and clumps really bad. I'm hoping this stuff is better.