Page 46 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 46

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey Peaters,

Just wondering if anyone consumes crab or fish roe? Crab is full of Vit A, and fish roe are a good source of fit K2. From what I gather, Peat is cool with crab, but I don't know about fish eggs. I just bought a bunch of them to try out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    Great Lakes is hands down the best brand of gelatin I have come across.
    Funny, I totally disagree! It's probably a superior product, but for some reason I much prefer Knox. THe great Lakes doesn't seem to jellify as easily. And I probably have an innate preference for chemical substances

Is that the one you've been advising me to take? I might finally do it

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Have you tried mixing the liver in hamburger btw?
    That's the best / only way to eat liver!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinkykitty View Post
    Derp, I notice you mentioned a couple of times on other threads that in years gone by a whole animal would contain traces of thyroid. I'm wondering if that would still be the case for grass fed beef etc?
    Regulations, so, no. In most places you need a doctors note to even buy the thyroid gland.
    nihil

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Is that the one you've been advising me to take? I might finally do it
    Yeah, it's good, but my friend who I have taking it says it's a little weak, the t3 is probably mostly removed. I'd probably freeze dry a thyroid gland, or just eat it myself, but this works for now. I'll look around for others and let you know what I dig up.
    nihil

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I'd probably freeze dry a thyroid gland, or just eat it myself
    The look on the butcher's face alone would be enough to put me off attempting this... They think I'm weird for asking for gluten free burgers
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Zach is offline Banned
    There is this. Thyroid Glandular (with Liver) - New Zealand Grassfed

Great quality supps but really expensive.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried mixing the liver in hamburger btw?
    Yes! That's so good. I actually like the taste of liver, but hate the texture. I will eat it with just mustard 2-4 oz. at a time, but the hamburger route is much more pleasant. Also, I love liverwurst. We did business with a German butcher growing up, so I ate it all the time when I was younger and it was absolutely delicious. Then I found out what it's made from and stopped for many years, LOL. I want it again now that I know how good it is for you.
    Last edited by j3nn; 09-01-2013 at 04:36 PM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The look on the butcher's face alone would be enough to put me off attempting this... They think I'm weird for asking for gluten free burgers
    You'd think someone working in that position wouldn't be that way, but oh well...
    Yes! That's so good. I actually like the taste of liver, but hate the texture. I will eat it with just mustard 2-4 oz. at a time, but the hamburger route is much more pleasant. Also, I love liverwurst. We did business with a German butcher growing up, so I ate it all the time when I was younger and it was absolutely delicious. Then I found out what it's made from and stopped for many years, LOL. I want it again now that I know how good it is for you.
    The texture is very off-putting, and I always seem to cook it too long. US Wellness has a nice liverwurst that I used to eat. Kidneys, heart, and liver.
    nihil

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    How do you guys feel about apple juice? You're always talking about OJ, but is there anything special about that, or is it just a preference?
    I like both varieties, but I've always been partial to apple. I also sometimes like to mix the two. I haven't really done juice since starting primal, apart from the last weeks after reading here.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    How do you guys feel about apple juice? You're always talking about OJ, but is there anything special about that, or is it just a preference?
    I like both varieties, but I've always been partial to apple. I also sometimes like to mix the two. I haven't really done juice since starting primal, apart from the last weeks after reading here.
    Juice is the shit. I like pomegranate, grapes.. Can't wait for oranges to be in season. They make me feel great.
    I can't believe I actually did any carb restriction on purpose. All that demonizing crap about insulin and carbohydrates makes me feel sad.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

moluv is offline Senior Member

Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I've only read @6 pages of this thread but have been curious about Peat since I joined the forum. Yesterday was my first real attempt at implementation of the dietary suggestions. I like eating less meat and am grateful for a break from that. It always makes me feel so heavy. I had 4oz of meat only. I also had orange juice, skim milk lattes with maple syrup and gelatin, a little bit of strawberry Hagen Dazs, watermelon, red potatoes, a date. I've been suspicious of many vegetables for a while as I always get incredibly tired after eating salads, and other vegetables bloat me up so much. The nice thing about the way I ate yesterday was that my tummy was the same size at bedtime as it was when I woke up. I also had incredible energy despite having a head cold. I did shoulder stands and handstand work on the wall all throughout the day and had to force myself to stop at bedtime. I had to be patient for sleep to come (have recently stopped relying on melatonin) but when it did I slept like a rock. I even had to get up with my little one but it barely phased me. I want to lose fat but hate to be hungry so not sure how ill do running a deficit, but all this energy is fantastic and I can see how I could grow muscles on this plan, which is probably all I need to do anyways.

Today I will get some canned oysters and crabmeat. Yum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free