Page 168 of 219 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2187

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 168

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wow, great combinations. Thanks! Is there another way to beef up the protein other than with dairy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Wow, great combinations. Thanks! Is there another way to beef up the protein other than with dairy?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Any protein powder of choice + 1 T gelatin. That's what I do. It doesn't have to be with whey protein powder. Rice/potato/egg white protein work.
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

mamaherrera is offline Member
    I'm loving this chocolate milk thing, with sugar and cocoa, but just to make sure, Hershey's dark cocoa powder is good right?
    And with these suggestions for blending up fruit and stuff,are they all in addition to yogurt/milk?
    Like the pineapple/honey/lime and milk?

mamaherrera is offline Member
    And which protein powder tends to be the cheapest and purest?

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member

Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers)

Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
    I'm loving this chocolate milk thing, with sugar and cocoa, but just to make sure, Hershey's dark cocoa powder is good right?
    And with these suggestions for blending up fruit and stuff,are they all in addition to yogurt/milk?
    Like the pineapple/honey/lime and milk?
    No. It was for food processor to make sorbet.

See the first recipe on the food blog in my signature for finished food consistency
    JOURNAL.
    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Paleo Pizza Crust!)
    Professional Style Website. (Latest features: How to Remix a Pant Suit; Courtney, Fashion Editor)

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Swear like sailor, motorboat sexy foods. Solution to all of life's problems
    Especially hunger.
    ...not so much for Tourette's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtropy View Post
    Talking about sexy people is always relevant

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    I was jw, are sweets like japanese mochi and yokan ok ? (in moderation of course).
    They are high in refined white sugar, which Peat seems to say is ok but he doesn't say how much.
    It doesn't contain gluten or any "toxins" per say.
    I know it also contains red bean paste, but if you look on the nutrition facts of any mochi dessert, it has no fat grams & is basically pure carbs/sugar, so I figure the PUFA/bean content is negligible.

J-Simple Recipes | Y?kan

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
    And which protein powder tends to be the cheapest and purest?
    Eggs have something like 96% bioavailability as a protein source naturally.

Add a scoop or two of gelatin? Suddenly this egg is 99% bioavailable.

Cheap, no-filler added, and extremely usable homemade protein powder base for shakes and smoothies of all types.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    I was jw, are sweets like japanese mochi and yokan ok ? (in moderation of course).
    They are high in refined white sugar, which Peat seems to say is ok but he doesn't say how much.
    It doesn't contain gluten or any "toxins" per say.
    I know it also contains red bean paste, but if you look on the nutrition facts of any mochi dessert, it has no fat grams & is basically pure carbs/sugar, so I figure the PUFA/bean content is negligible.

J-Simple Recipes | Y?kan
    I think if you make everything from scratch, including the red bean paste, it's fine. Soaking beans make them easier to digest.

Could you substitute agar with gelatin in that recipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfi56 is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=girlhk;1455839]I think if you make everything from scratch, including the red bean paste, it's fine. Soaking beans make them easier to digest.

Could you substitute agar with gelatin in that recipe?

Srry I just gave the link as an example of the ingredients, but I was actually just referring to store-bought:P, and was wondering if the PUFA was negligible?

Sorry, a couple more questions:
    Does Peat say anywhere for a recommended limit on refined sugar consumption/day?
    And on a separate note, has anyone noticed their acne worsen from Peat? I've always had a serving of yogurt/day, but for the stint that I tried eating according to Peat and increased my dairy intake of cott cheese, cheese, kefir and yogurt I noticed my acne worsen. I have heard that dairy can cause acne, but Peat doesn't really mention anything about this.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfi56 View Post
    Srry I just gave the link as an example of the ingredients, but I was actually just referring to store-bought:P, and was wondering if the PUFA was negligible?
    Store-bought items often contain additives, preservatives, coloring, etc and that's why I avoid them.. not because of the PUFA.