Page 161 of 200 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1997

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 161

MarkChopper is offline Banned
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Ayup. The alternative is to simply learn to wear the bald well. I'd lost most of my hair by 25 due to genetics and high testosterone. Bummed me out at the time because it was a ridiculously young time to have that happen, but I just learned to rock the chrome dome. Even if you don't reverse it, it's not the end of the world.
    Yea I have two friends who started balding big, big in their early twenties, they both just wear hats 24/7.

Sounds like your only option would be to try full on Peat for 4~ years and really clear out PUFA to see if it has any benefit on hair growth. Also I'd recommend avoiding iron by drinking coffee with any meat source and giving blood whenever possible. Make sure your calcium is 2:1 to phosphorus, support extra with blackstrap or eggshells if needed. And like I said, limit muscle meat and pair any inflammatory aminos with gelatin. IMO sugar should be around 300-500g a day and fat around 30-50 or less. Protein 150~ is enough but up to 200 is ok. Astin, t3, niacinimide, preg, vit e, and d should all be sups to consider. Lastly I can't recall but there might be something where rubbing astin and or caffeine on the scalp can increase growth.

Paleophil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Ask graycat and yogabare because they both reversed hair loss on peat but their hair was falling out due to cortisol not due to age. They just don't check this thread anymore... Most of the "original" peaters are gone in terms of mda even though they still eat high carb or peat.
    Thanks for sharing that, TQP.
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong.
    Notes I may point to:
    1) WARNING: beware of chronic very low carb diets, especially ones low in resistant starch and other Paleo/Primal prebiotics
    2) I try to do what works best for me, and often fail. YMMV. Don't imitate me--find what works for you. The only fact I know for certain is that of my ignorance. Im not prescribing.
    3) It may aid discussion if neither of us tries to speak for the other

Dann is offline Member
    Been lurkin this thread for a minute - keep it up ppls.

i'm lovin the juice
    Last edited by Dann; 03-05-2014 at 01:53 PM.

Dann is offline Member
    Stress-free milk is ridiculous btw. Should of seen my eyes on my first sip. Delicious.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Hi, guys

I'm out of oysters My husband discovered that zinc helps with his dopamine production. Been eating clams the past few days... I need some zinc and b12 and... everything :\
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Hi, guys

I'm out of oysters My husband discovered that zinc helps with his dopamine production. Been eating clams the past few days... I need some zinc and b12 and... everything :\
    J3nn! I was gonna fb you to check up on you!!! This thread is more or less dead lol. <3
    JOURNAL.

Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog. (Latest recipe: Favorite Smoothies Recipes!)

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    J3nn! I was gonna fb you to check up on you!!! This thread is more or less dead lol. <3
    TQP! <3 We'll bring it back to life Or not haha

Catch me on FB!
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

TQP
    So glad you're back here. It's just me, Emtropy and Derp around now. A lot of people are high carb now though!!!

Will FB you after I get this memo written!
    JOURNAL.

Professional Style Website. (Latest features: Andrea, Random House Author; Tara, Digital Media Producer)

Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.- Karl Lagerfeld

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    So glad you're back here. It's just me, Emtropy and Derp around now.
    !!!

Heeey j3nn!!! Hope all is well with you.

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    !!!

Heeey j3nn!!! Hope all is well with you.
    Ohhhh!! Annnnnd grayyyy.

Duh.

I am missing a few brain cells.
    JOURNAL.