Page 150 of 200 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1997

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 150

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    I'll give it a go. Doesn't it need any oil? I read an article about using animal fat for mayo, and it said it didn't work with only animal fat...
    It isn't the same texture once you refrigerate it. It is more of a spreadable butter texture straight out of the fridge. Taste the same. I use on something warm (like boiled eggs for egg salad) and it melts back into mayo ish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    Sweet! Well it sounds good, so I'll give it a go

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I make mayo with an avocado and egg (a touch of lemon, garlic and mustard as well). It is thick without nerve-wrecking suspense every time I'd throw oil in the Magic Bullet (did I get the proportion right? Will it thicken?). Now, I know that avocados are not the best fat...

Alternatively, I lived most of my life dressing things mostly with sour-cream and kefir, & rarely any mayo.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    With mayo I just slowly add melted ghee until it thickens.

I hate measuring things. The only time I did was in baked goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Ghshl is online now Senior Member
    I usually just put all the ingredients in a beaker, and process it all at once. My immersion blender has a special attachment especially for mayo.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to share my good news with all the Peaters (and lurkers )

Today I got my latest blood tests results and... things so much better! In fact, I think these results mean I'm no longer Oestrogen Dominant!!!!!!!

The stupid doctors forgot to take my vit D, prolactin, FSH, and LH, so I'll need more tests for this, but here goes:

Bloods were taken on day 24 of a 24 day cycle, so luteal phase.

Progesterone is still low - but only just outside range! Mine is 5, range is 5.3 -> 86
    Oestrogen - HUGE improvement here!!!! I cant believe it. Mine is 218; range is 161 -> 774. At my first set of tests, my Oestrogen was 2028!!!
    Cortisol is still high - 669; range is 200 - 600.
    Slight improvement in T4 - 13.4 (from 12.4). Range is 12 - 22.
    TSH is raising slightly... Gone up to 1.6 from 1.42. Need to keep an eye on this.

Total Cholesterol is down to 7 (last time it was 8ish). They didnt do the breakdown.
    Ferritin is down to 20 from 35. No surprises there... Range is 10 - 160.

And all I've done is used Ray Peat's progesterone oil, followed his dietary suggestions, and taken liquid Vit D.

All in all: I am very happy today
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Just wanted to share my good news with all the Peaters (and lurkers )

Today I got my latest blood tests results and... things so much better! In fact, I think these results mean I'm no longer Oestrogen Dominant!!!!!!!

The stupid doctors forgot to take my vit D, prolactin, FSH, and LH, so I'll need more tests for this, but here goes:

Bloods were taken on day 24 of a 24 day cycle, so luteal phase.

Progesterone is still low - but only just outside range! Mine is 5, range is 5.3 -> 86
    Oestrogen - HUGE improvement here!!!! I cant believe it. Mine is 218; range is 161 -> 774. At my first set of tests, my Oestrogen was 2028!!!
    Cortisol is still high - 669; range is 200 - 600.
    Slight improvement in T4 - 13.4 (from 12.4). Range is 12 - 22.
    TSH is raising slightly... Gone up to 1.6 from 1.42. Need to keep an eye on this.

Total Cholesterol is down to 7 (last time it was 8ish). They didnt do the breakdown.
    Ferritin is down to 20 from 35. No surprises there... Range is 10 - 160.

And all I've done is used Ray Peat's progesterone oil, followed his dietary suggestions, and taken liquid Vit D.

All in all: I am very happy today
    That's fantastic news!

Paleophil is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong.
    Notes I may point to:
    1) WARNING: beware of chronic very low carb diets, especially ones low in resistant starch and other Paleo/Primal prebiotics
    2) I try to do what works best for me, and often fail. YMMV. Don't imitate me--find what works for you. The only fact I know for certain is that of my ignorance. Im not prescribing.
    3) It may aid discussion if neither of us tries to speak for the other

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams