Page 149 of 208 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2074

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 149

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    @Ghshl
    Funny thing ... I used to eat mayonnaise quite often but after turning "primal", I completely forgot about it! I know you could use some special olive oil (not the extra virgin, but the light refined one with much less flavor) or mac nut oil, in which case I suspect a strong flavor bias. Personally, I don't bother. I haven't thought about it until I read your post!!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    It would be so much easier if the vegetable oils weren't unhealthy
    i have a list of things i wish i never found out about and this is one of them LOL

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    I've always eaten it just occasionally, but I do like it every now and then. That goes well with making it myself, as you can just make a smaller portion. But all recipes seem to call for PUFA-rich oils. Hopefully I can manage the coconut/olive blend in a tasty way eventually.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Thanks for the answers guys. It didn't get bitter, it's just that olive oil has so strong of a flavour. I think I'll just have to experiment with using more coconut oil and less olive oil, and with using butter as well, perhaps. I did try it with butter and coconut oil once, but that never even became thick for some reason.

It would be so much easier if the vegetable oils weren't unhealthy
    Have you tried MCT oil? That's liquid at room temp.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Have you tried MCT oil? That's liquid at room temp.
    My recent batch was almost completely MCT oil, because I had way less macadamia nut oil than expected, and out of anything else. It came out pretty good.

Very dependent on the other ingredients for taste obviously... I put too much or too little of something because it had a tang to it. Or, maybe because the egg had been sitting out for a few days before I finally got around to making mayo.

Mct oil could be worth a shot, but I've never seen it in stores here. I did a search, but the online stores that do have it charge an absurd price for it.

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    The NOW brand is pretty cheap, if you're just looking for a tasteless oil. I'm not really a fan of the BP guy but I do feel slightly better energy effects from his MCT brand -- but it's almost twice as much.

This was around 37 dollars for a bottle. That is sadly more than I can afford for it.
    Importing from the US will have added taxes and customs and it would end up being too expensive as well.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    This was around 37 dollars for a bottle. That is sadly more than I can afford for it.
    Importing from the US will have added taxes and customs and it would end up being too expensive as well.
    Melted butter or ghee. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisepassion View Post
    Melted butter or ghee. Seriously.
    I'll give it a go. Doesn't it need any oil? I read an article about using animal fat for mayo, and it said it didn't work with only animal fat...