Page 148 of 220 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2196

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 148

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    That doesn't seem like much food at all. Is this amount a temporary thing?
    Oops I told him to eat less and now he went the other extreme.

Sorry dude, still try to aim for 2000 cals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I think his original menu was fine and if it gets him results, stay with it. Modify as needed.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Do any of you make mayonnaise? I really like it, but how do I make the most peaty version? I made some with olive oil and coconut oil, but the olive oil would've ruined it if I hadn't added garlic. Any ideas?

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Do any of you make mayonnaise? I really like it, but how do I make the most peaty version? I made some with olive oil and coconut oil, but the olive oil would've ruined it if I hadn't added garlic. Any ideas?
    Peat recommends using macadamia nut oil for mayo (mostly MUFAs). I've never tried it but I hear it's excellent.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

Considering the price of the nuts themselves here, I can't imagine that oil to be within my price range, sadly

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    ive made mayo with melted deodourised coconut oil before and a bit of olive oil when i ran out of olive oil. it was light olive oil and it did set quite well from the coconut oil. but more like a mousse than solid. it was very nice. i doubt i could afford macadamia oil either.

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    I made a mayo-whipped butter combo with melted ghee instead of oils. Taste like mayo; spread like butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Selecting is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghshl View Post
    Did the olive oil make it bitter?

If you're careful not to blend the olive oil for too long it shouldn't turn bitter. If you're doing a split between coconut oil and olive oil, perhaps try adding the coconut oil first. Here's a blogpost I found about that:
    Why Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Becomes Bitter In The Blender | Summer Tomato

One advantage of using melted butter (or melted ghee as mentioned above) is it in my experience thickens the mayo very nicely because the egg yolks get lightly tempered from the heat. Technically a sauce Hollandaise then, though.

Runner is offline Member
    So, I've been implementing these ideas for a few weeks now. A daily menu goes more or less like this:

Morning:
    shake (1 scoop of Green Vibrance, 1 scoop of Miracle Reds, 1-2 tbsp of dried shredded coconut)
    2/3 pound of liver beef prepared in the oven (no oil)
    1 banana
    1 tbsp of honey
    2 tsp of gelatin

Afternoon:
    2 hard boiled eggs
    8 oz of milk
    shake (1 scoop of Green Vibrance, 1 scoop of Miracle Reds, 1-2 tbsp of dried shredded coconut)
    1 banana
    1 tbsp of molasses
    3 tsp of gelatin

Evening:
    1 raw carrot
    1 apple
    8 oz of milk kefir
    1/2 baked big potato
    1 tbsp of butter
    5 tsp pf gelatin

Supplements:
    200 mg of magnesium
    Co-enzyme B-complex (small potency)
    25 mg of Zinc

Is is ok?

H: 5'5"
    W: 110
    Last edited by Runner; 10-22-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the answers guys. It didn't get bitter, it's just that olive oil has so strong of a flavour. I think I'll just have to experiment with using more coconut oil and less olive oil, and with using butter as well, perhaps. I did try it with butter and coconut oil once, but that never even became thick for some reason.

It would be so much easier if the vegetable oils weren't unhealthy