Page 144 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2183

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 144

moluv is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post

digging into a mango is messy though
    I prefer to eat them first thing in the morning, topless at the kitchen sink and just let the juice run where it will.

Ghshl is offline Senior Member
    Pics or it didn't happen!

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    my kids would love those! have you tried making them? a question. i know Peat isnt into molasses i dont think? i've been trying to do the 2 tbsp of molasses and brewer's yeast a day for my grey hairs as an experiment. i've found mixed reviews on the net so i figured try for 6 months and see. it's been 10 days and i am sure some of my hair is coming back in normal colour at the roots. there isnt much grey and it is only around my temples and i've only just been to the hair dresser so i could be dreaming. has anyone tried this and had any sucess?

Barnyard is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moluv View Post
    I prefer to eat them first thing in the morning, topless at the kitchen sink and just let the juice run where it will.
    Oh moluv, oh my.....
    The life I have today is far better than I deserve.......

M, 56, 6'0
    SW - 192
    CW - 175
    GW - 165-170

Current addiction: ice cream (and sugar in general).....doing battle with it!

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    my kids would love those! have you tried making them? a question. i know Peat isnt into molasses i dont think? i've been trying to do the 2 tbsp of molasses and brewer's yeast a day for my grey hairs as an experiment. i've found mixed reviews on the net so i figured try for 6 months and see. it's been 10 days and i am sure some of my hair is coming back in normal colour at the roots. there isnt much grey and it is only around my temples and i've only just been to the hair dresser so i could be dreaming. has anyone tried this and had any sucess?
    Haven't tried the worms yet but I'm going to! They look fun to eat.

Molasses is fine with Peat, I think. He says white sugar because it's free of impurities. Also haven't found a way to choke it down yet. I want to try it for the same reason you do and to relieve Aunt Flo symptoms. I've had a spot of gray hairs since I was 10-years-old! My hairdresser told me when they start that young that they are birthmarks. I don't know how true that is but sure enough my mother has a streak in the exact same location. Genetics suck. I seem to have inherited all of the worst traits, lol.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. - Samuel Adams

i have gotten thru the horses' molasses so i got some from the organic vege store. it is unreally nice compared to the horse stuff. grainy almost like that real dark black sugar you get. i can eat it off the spoon and actually enjoy it. horse molasses is better with gelatin and aniseed as gummy liquorice. if it really does help with grey hair, imagine what else it is doing?

cmjg7517 is offline Member
    Hi guys! I've decided to dive in with Peat, as I tried low-carb and just hated the way I felt! My energy has been tanked lately, and I really think a Peat style of eating is more suited to me. I lift 4-5 days a week and run (low-intensity, we're talking 2 miles @ 9:30 min miles) 1-2x a week. I'm currently trying to bounce back from an IT band injury as well.

I went from very low-carb (<20g a day) to saying "Fuck it, I'm done counting", and I lost about 15 pounds effortlessly. That pretty much cemented in my mind that low-carb is not for people who are already small. I also didn't see any growth in the gym over the 6 months I tried LC, but once I picked carbs up again, my gains were incredible. Right now I'm 5'4, 125, and I guess a lot of muscle since I'm a size 4.

ANYWAY, I was wondering about chia seeds and flax seeds. I tried looking through a few pages and didn't see any info on them. I usually mix a tablespoon of each into my yogurt in the morning, and it really helps my digestion. Thoughts?

EDIT: just looked closer at that graphic. Ok, no seeds then.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cmjg7517; 10-19-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    5'4/125

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    I've never heard of using molasses for grey hair - where did you read about that?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've never heard of using molasses for grey hair - where did you read about that?
    i sort of stumbled on it and remembered that i had read about it before. years ago when i was pg with dd#1, i used to take 1 tbsp each of molasses, brewer's yeast and wheatgerm a day. now since i am getting to the stage where my side greys are really irritating me, i decided to try. i am out as to whether i need to take brewer's yeast with it as well. but i figured i will try for 6 months. and by molasses, i mean blackstrap not treacle.