Page 134 of 219 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2186

Thread: Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers) page 134

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnyard View Post
    "I eat bananas almost every day. I just make sure they are very ripe (sugary). You can have blueberries, as they have no seeds in them. Apples are recommended peeled and cooked, ideally." Quote from Graycat....what's up with the very ripe bananas, and cooked and peeled apples? I must have missed something, why eat them like this?
    Well, there is no reason to be that militant in regards to raw apples (I'm not), it's really not a big deal, however I'm just dropping this here:

"I think underripe apples are always dangerous. Any organic apple is
    likely to be o.k., but usually it's safer to convert them to
    applesauce (cooked), making them more digestible. Storage or stress
    can affect the apple's allergenicity, and incomplete ripening leaves a
    variety of toxins. Malonic acid, even at a very low concentration, can
    cause severe bowel inflammation.

Most people can eat an occasional random apple without getting
    symptoms such as constipation, hemorrhoids, headache, sniffles,
    sneezing, gas, joint pain, restless sleep, etc., so in moderation the
    toxins don't matter too much. But when there's a symptom, the fruits
    with ripening problems should be high on the list of suspects.
    R.P
    Re. bananas: as they ripe the starch content decreases in favor of sugar. Sugar > starch. Of course, shelf ripened is not prefect, but well, nothing is

Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Your TSH seems to indicate you may have resistance to thyroid hormone. Do you get enough selenium? You may want to take t3 throughout the day, with a bit of t4 at night, or use cynoplus.
    Interesting, thanks Derp.

I was taking supplemental selenium for a while, but then read some conflicting things about supplementation vs whole foods. I eat eggs daily (at least 2) and I was doing the brazil nut thing. I haven't gone back to eating more red meat yet, but heading there. Supplement form is better in this case?

I could split up my Armour tablet for now, currently taking the 30mg in one go; but would the thyroid supplements suggested from iHerb suffice, or is this something I have to go through my doctor to get? For Cynoplus, looks to be prescription unless I want to go through that Mexican drugstore site, hah.

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Can folks tell me why you sometimes mention taking Vit E topically? Is there a pro / con to that vs. oral supplement?
    sigh. Anyone? Its not as sexy as brown spotted bananas but there doesn't appear to be a Moar Peaty Supplements thread...

off to enjoy cottage cheese

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    sigh. Anyone? Its not as sexy as brown spotted bananas but there doesn't appear to be a Moar Peaty Supplements thread...
    I think some people use vit E for skin conditions (acne), and see more efficient results using it topically.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member

Primal with MOAR Peat: Food & Hormone Discussion (Ray Peat Followers)

Different absorption rates, and more concentrated on the area you apply vs all over vit e (ingested).

I am not speaking from peat's advice though... Just what I know from biotech/pharma background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    This happened to me as well. Jus eat them seperately for the most part.
    Eat them separately... you mean eat fruits separately from dairy?

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Peat would say to juice them, but that significantly reduces the amount of food you eat and can make you hungrier and therefore eat more. It's hard finding the balance between the extremely digestible foods Peat recommends and keeping calories reasonable - well it is for me anyway.

I haven't tried just juice, but judging from the amount of OJ I can drink in one sitting vs eating whole fruits, it seems likely I would drink much more juice.

But I haven't even thought of juicing because the amount of fruits required would cost quite a bit. The grapes I bought yesterday was $2.65/lb, and I bought around 6 lbs, which I figured would be 2 meals for me.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by girlhk View Post
    Eat them separately... you mean eat fruits separately from dairy?
    Yea i dont mix big amounts of dairy and fruit together or at least certain combos. Milk + bananas or grapes is no good. Things like cheese + dates or yogurt + bananas is just fine though. Just gotta figure out the combos or eat the bulk of fruit seperately.

I have a few theorys why they dont digest well for me at least in large quantities. It either has to do with the combination of lactose and fructose being digested together since they are similar or it has to do with the fiber of the fruit. Fruitarians have a system of eatin only certain fruits at a time because of they way each type digest.

Anyway this only happens to me with large amounts of both together. Next time try a latge amount of dairy with a small amount of frut or vice versa.

Zach is offline Banned

I think you have to take it orally to get a significant amount down. Topical vitamins and minerals are nice because they dont irritate the digestion, sometimes large doses of certain vitamins/minerals can cause digestive issues, absorbing through the skin bypasses that. But its hard to get a good amount doing topical only.

Most people using topical e are hsing it for skin/hair health.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Yea i dont mix big amounts of dairy and fruit together or at least certain combos. Milk + bananas or grapes is no good. Things like cheese + dates or yogurt + bananas is just fine though. Just gotta figure out the combos or eat the bulk of fruit seperately.

I have a few theorys why they dont digest well for me at least in large quantities. It either has to do with the combination of lactose and fructose being digested together since they are similar or it has to do with the fiber of the fruit. Fruitarians have a system of eatin only certain fruits at a time because of they way each type digest.

Anyway this only happens to me with large amounts of both together. Next time try a latge amount of dairy with a small amount of frut or vice versa.
    Thanks, I never thought of this.

How do fruitarians get their protein?