Thread: THINCS - Cholesterol Sceptics page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm sure many of you are aware of THINCS - The International Network of Cholesterol Sceptics, comprising scientists, physicians and academecians. This is their website and at the bottom of the page there is a link to a petition about the side-effects of statins. When I signed it, I realized only some 900 odd people had signed it. I'm hoping that number increases by bringing it to your attention.

http://www.thincs.org/index.htm

This issue is of great concern to me because my mother is a statin user.

Alcinda Guest

Thanks for posting this!! I listened to my doc a few years ago and took a statin and had horrible side effects! And I'm not even in the (small) group where they actually are effective!

We need to change the whole high cholesterol = heart disease thinking and maybe this is one way to get it started!

Diane Guest

I read this last year and signed it. It was one of many reasons to switch to primal eating. In researching ways to help get my diabetic husband back to normal, I realized that all sugar is the enemy so grains, sugar, and starches are out for me. My HDL has climbed to 131 with exercise and this way of eating. My doctor leaves me alone. As a menopausal woman, to have a cholesterol ratio of 1.5 is very hard to achieve. I dance and walk, and don't spend much time doing it. Longevity seems to come from low insulin levels in old age, and a high HDL. I'd like to live to 125 and beat that French woman who made it to 122!

maba is offline Senior Member

Diane, I must show your post to my mother. Wonder what your doctor has to say about your diet. I saw your post on another thread where you'd mentioned your blood glucose level. Now how do you measure it? Is it same as fasting glucose?

With your commitment, I'm sure you can beat that French woman. Hahaha, I hope the "Primalites" beat the Japanese for the longevity record.