Thread: Statin Use and Risk of Diabetes page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

Statin Use and Risk of Diabetes

Primal Fuel
    Here is the study:
    JAMA Network | JAMA Internal Medicine | Statin Use and Risk of Diabetes Mellitus in Postmenopausal Women in the Women's Health Initiative

Here's the articles on it:
    Lipitor Diabetes
    Could Statins Raise Diabetes Risk? - US News and World Report

And here's two of the Lawsuits:
    http://www.lipitorlawsuithelp.com/
    This one includes the list of statins included
    http://statinslawsuits.com/lipitor-s...FbF_QgodsX0Aow

Oh Hurray! Finally, we may start to be proven right. Congratulations, Griff!
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    My girlfriend went to the doctor last year and found she had extraordinarily total cholesterol (350+), but not other risk factors. The doctor put her on statins, a year later her cholesterol is down to 146 and the doctor is telling her she is pre-diabetic. But her cholesterol is great!

It turns out the statins wreaked all sorts of havoc. They were discontinued, but she is still healing.

Misabi is online now Senior Member
    Here they give any woman with diabetes statins by default, it's crazy!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    This is what you get when you manipulate variables at the END of a physiological break, rather than address the cause.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    As you may be able to tell from my post, I have a deep-seated hatred of statins. For 9 years I was STRONGLY prescribed statins by the cholesterol clinic of my HMO. My TC could go up into the 600's. Genetic they said. Now they say Familial hypercholesterolemia. They'd start with one, and after weeks or months I'd be allergic or intolerant of it, with really painful reactions, often resulting in an emergency room visit. And after I'd recuperated from that, they'd have me start the next one. when they ran out of statins, they tried other drugs: zetia, cholestryamia, etc. These, as well and several statins had really horrible effects in me. One of them was rampantly eating my muscles.

Finally I started screaming at the people from the cholesterol clinic when they called me. Finally they've stopped.

You will find many doctors saying that people with Familial hypercholesterolemia die young, in their 20's to 40's, and a 40 year old is rare. Well, I'm 75 and not at all dead. On PB my TC is normally in the 300's. Of course the doctor's react badly, but they no longer say anything to me (there must be something in my record now that warns them off).

Now we learn they cause diabetes, hypoglycemia, muscle loss, etc. in many people. And they're still being prescribed. ******

Thank you for allowing me to rant.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

peril is offline Senior Member
    I took myself off one statin, prescribed after a heart attack, as soon as I figured the side effects were here to stay. Second lot did the same thing so no more for me. At 50 years of age I'd rather risk alternative treatments than certain debilitation for the rest of my life
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If people called my house to sell me statins I'd say some very criminal things to them. I'd want them to be afraid to call me. Well done!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html