Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Ray Peat Forum page

Knifegill is offline Senior Member

Let's Make a Ray Peat Forum

Shop Now
    Every time a thread goes Peat, we can move it there, so people know it's not Primal.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Zach is offline Banned
    Three words, steak and eggs.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    All egg diet
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Steak and eggs are both included on Primal Blueprint. Ingesting gallons of orange juice and milk and soda does not fit anywhere here. People are being thrown around and confused terribly by your whole pack, and it's not fair. If you people had been here when I was getting started, I might never have broken my intense sugar addiction. Newbies deserve better than this.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

Did you ever stop to think maybe the reason there is a state of discordance is because not everyone feels well on your diet of nothing but meat and vegetables? Also, like every other person, you have Ray Peat all wrong.

My diet is far more "primal" than most people, who eat the ass of animals only and bacon along with lots of modern fats in order to remain in ketosis.

Oysters 4 times a week
    Gouda cheese every day 3-4oz
    Fruit usually OJ, bananas, dates, mango, some apple sauce
    Cottage cheese every day 16-32oz
    Liver once every 2 weeks 6oz
    2 eggs a day
    Coffee with sugar and half and half
    Mexican coke 1-2 a day
    Rice once in a while with San J gluten free soy sauce
    Carrots every day
    Potatoes 3x a week
    Dark chocolate 4-6 bars a week
    And tons of Knox gelatin in there

At odd times I'll eat oxtail usually a few times a month, and sometimes I'll have beef or lamb bowls with rice and more soy sauce.

Go ahead and criticize that. Notice, gallons of soda are not being ingested, and I tolerate dairy immensely well, being of largely Western European descent, and it's one of the most complete foods there is. I don't fear all neolithic creations, as I'm not on that level of paranoia.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Steak and eggs are both included on Primal Blueprint. Ingesting gallons of orange juice and milk and soda does not fit anywhere here. People are being thrown around and confused terribly by your whole pack, and it's not fair. If you people had been here when I was getting started, I might never have broken my intense sugar addiction. Newbies deserve better than this.
    I have only seen positive responses from people incorporating Peats ideas. You sound bitter and jealous.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Derp, no milk?

I omitted a few things like honey, maple syrup, and others due to variances in consumption. I drink milk, but not much in the summer because it is less palatable to me when it's very hot outside.

It's not just that excessive sugar consumption, either. I even like some chocolate and sugars here and there. Sometimes, not every day. It's also that every time somebody says they have a problem, you and your cronies chime in saying it's because their thyroid is messed up from not eating enough candy. It's not physically possible for every person here to have bad thyroids. And then you pretend red meat is bad because of tryptophan. It's all weird niche stuff that newbies don't need to buy. You are defeating people in their quest for health. New posters used to stay and remain active for months, now it's more like weeks because of all the conflict you create. This used to be a place people could ask questions and get real answers, now they get told to go eat candy and drink soda. You should be ashamed of what you've done to this place. You're overriding what Mark would tell people and inserting what Peat might say.

Turquoisepassion:
    notontherug:

I say muscle meat, and that it should be balanced. Gelatinous cuts of meat are perfect counters to excess inflammatory amino acids, and the calcium in dairy is used to create a good calcium to phosphorus ratio in order to convert tryptophan into vitamin b3. Your idea of a perfect diet is lopsided, the one I talk about is balanced. Which one is more defeating? People are in charge of their own health, and with people like you who are absolutely opposed to there possibly being more than one way in order to get healthy, this is what is holding people back. If they truly felt perfectly good on a primal diet like yours, why are you intimidated? If this is the one way, then people can see it as crazy and disregard us as trolls. Obviously, this isn't the case though, as then there wouldn't be any of "us" in the first place. I figured you would have learned how dangerous it is to be told there is only one possible way.

Yet, when it fits your agenda, it's perfectly fine. Peat shares many things in common with the ideal "real food" diet, yet, you can only create a straw man by repeatedly saying candy and soda. One does not need to touch those things to adapt to this diet, just like one doesn't need to eat nothing but veggies and meat to be primal. Avoid chemicals, seed oils, allergen heavy foods, and maintain a balanced, nutrient dense diet. The real dangerous diet is the one that is heavily restricted.

Thyroid issues are a lot more common than you think, and most people definitely showcase many of the symptoms for having a sluggish thyroid. I mention fruit, and avoiding PUFA, and upping carbs more in general in order to energize the liver and help conversion of t4 into t3. What's wrong with this?

Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast