Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: Let's Make a Ray Peat Forum page 58

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Derp how do you make the ice cream?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I blend an egg (warmed to 40 degrees C) with a cup of sugar (also warmed) and a cup of coconut oil until it's smoothly emulsified, and maybe half a cup of powdered milk for extra texture, then add milk to fill the blender (total volume a little over a liter), with strong coffee or orange juice for flavor, or other fruit or vanilla, etc. The high oil content, and powdered milk, make it freeze without crystallizing, so the ice cream machine isn't necessary.
    nihil

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    This is our homemade ice-cream: 500 ml whipped cream, 3 mashed bananas, 1t vanilla essence, dried fruit (cranberries, sultanas) for texture, then put it in the freezer for 2-4 hours, stirring halfway through to stop it freezing on the outside and staying runny in the middle.

Take out of the freezer 1/2 hr before serving.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

simonb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    This is our homemade ice-cream: 500 ml whipped cream, 3 mashed bananas, 1t vanilla essence, dried fruit (cranberries, sultanas) for texture, then put it in the freezer for 2-4 hours, stirring halfway through to stop it freezing on the outside and staying runny in the middle.

Take out of the freezer 1/2 hr before serving.
    Beware though - 500ml of whipped cream could have 250g of fat! (2250 cals)

Easy to eat over 100g fat in a serving!
    Disclaimer: I have read some info about Ray Peat and think it may help me, however if you follow any advice related to Ray Peat you may start spontaneously guzzling OJ and Mexican Coke by the gallon, eating bags of sugar with a spoon, popping aspirins 10 times a day and buying loads of stuff from him that he doesn't sell.

simonb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I blend an egg (warmed to 40 degrees C) with a cup of sugar (also warmed) and a cup of coconut oil until it's smoothly emulsified, and maybe half a cup of powdered milk for extra texture, then add milk to fill the blender (total volume a little over a liter), with strong coffee or orange juice for flavor, or other fruit or vanilla, etc. The high oil content, and powdered milk, make it freeze without crystallizing, so the ice cream machine isn't necessary.
    I tried this, didn't work - just froze with ice crystals.

The cheapo ice cream maker on Amazon worked wonders.
    Disclaimer: I have read some info about Ray Peat and think it may help me, however if you follow any advice related to Ray Peat you may start spontaneously guzzling OJ and Mexican Coke by the gallon, eating bags of sugar with a spoon, popping aspirins 10 times a day and buying loads of stuff from him that he doesn't sell.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmb2erl3dn View Post
    NOT a Ray Peat, diabetes-bound sugar bug.
    Okay? lol

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    The chemistry chef guy (heston blumenthal) on australian masterchef made ice cream set in about 30 seconds using liquid nitrogen

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simonb View Post
    I tried this, didn't work - just froze with ice crystals.

The cheapo ice cream maker on Amazon worked wonders.
    I find gelatin works wonders for that, plus an extra egg. Ice cream machine would be easier, but I'm trying to cut back on as many personal belongings as possible
    nihil

Timthetaco Guest
    This thread is now about ice cream!

Wow, the forum won't let me use all caps. That's interesting.

Zach is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I need a good blender.