Thread: Best Blender on a budget page

Pinot-Girl is offline Senior Member

Best Blender on a budget

Shop Now
    Hey

I've lived all 5 years in Canada without any form of blender, but I'm seeing it could be really useful to extend my Primal diet to include things like pate (can't stomach liver any other way), protein shakes, soups and so forth.

What is the best blender you'd recommend? Cheap is good, and small too as it's just me!!

Thanks,
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Magic Bullet. Canadian Tire has it on sale once in a while for $30. It is awesome and versatile, and perfectly suited, nay, designed, for small portions. Superstore has a spin-off, haven't tried it. But the idea of an upside down blender is genius!

Another good option is a hand-held immersion blender.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Another good option is a hand-held immersion blender.
    I actually use my $20 Oster wand blender for everything, so simple to clean.
    34//6'3"/180

Lots of: urban hiking, cycling, sprinting
    Lots of: fresh meat, seafood, eggs, organs, tubers, starch fruits, vegetables, meat fat, dairy fat, oil fruits
    Some: cured meat, dairy protein, sweet fruits, rice, pulses, tree nuts, oil seeds
    Minimal: soy, refined proteins, sugar, liquid carbohydrate, grains, refined oils, peanuts

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Smoothies and gazpacho are easier with MB, I love how the cup is the serving cup, and how you can make a separate smoothie for everyone or a sauce without splatter... I still RP a TV commercial whenever I use my magic bullet. It's really great.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

mantra is offline Junior Member
    Another vote for an immersion blender! I use mine for everything...even pate They're much easier to clean than a regular blender and they take up almost no space.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mantra View Post
    Another vote for an immersion blender! I use mine for everything...even pate They're much easier to clean than a regular blender and they take up almost no space.
    Can immersion blenders handle ice though? I'm asking because I'm in Canada too and my blender stinks.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Got my latest Sunbeam blender at Value Village for $15. Bought the one before that there too a few years ago, and the motor pooped out but the canister (?) was fine. Before that I broke the glass canister so I bought replacement at VV. I just buy another basic Sunbeam every 5 or 10 years, since all the parts are interchangeable.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Markbt is offline Senior Member
    Buy an old one from the 70s. I have one that my mom gave me. She has had several new ones since then and they have all worked less well and then broke. Check goodwill or garage sales or ask your mom.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

mantra is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    Can immersion blenders handle ice though? I'm asking because I'm in Canada too and my blender stinks.
    I've never tried, to be honest, but I have a $20 Canadian Tire special. I imagine a better model wouldn't have much of a problem. Mine handles small frozen things like berries fairly well.

I burned through my fair share of blenders in my daiquiris-all-the-time days, so I can't say an immersion blender is any worse!

notlupus is offline Senior Member
    I've got a sunbeam that's a combo blender and food processor that's great! Same base with two tops to go on it.