Thread: How to Reset Your Internal Clock. page

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member

How to Reset Your Internal Clock.

Primal Fuel
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

CaveBug is offline Senior Member
    Amen. When I lived in Africa I didn't have electricity or running water. As soon as it got dark I was finishing up dinner and headed to bed. I stayed up a little to read but that just used up my batteries or candles so I didn't do it that much. You really get used to moving with the sun and coming back to America was a shocker for my body. I think my quality of sleep is better here purely because I eat more fat (if I don't get enough my sleep suffers) but I really miss movin with the sun.

ToldUzo is offline Senior Member
    You can imitate that lifestile at home... limit artificial light after sunset and use screens or sunglasses that has a filter which blocks out blue light.
    What on earth?! Take a walk on the wild side.

Strife is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I've had a lot of success switching from electric lighting to candles and oil lamps. Sun goes down, those light up. My computers both use f.lux and are dimmed as far as they can be during this time. After months of this, if I'm stuck somewhere with electric lights, I actually start to feel really edgy and cranky/nervous.

It's worked pretty well at clearing up my insomnia (going to bed ~2-4 hours earlier, and waking up at 9:30 instead of in the afternoon).