Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are your trigger foods? page

elorajade is offline Senior Member

What are your trigger foods?

Shop Now
    I've been doing AWESOME since Tuesday, not hungry, eating PB etc. Yesterday my calories were a bit low (1000), so I thought that I would have a little bowl of Almonds with warmed butter in the microwave as a treat. It's been a long time since I've had almonds. I also had a glass of red wine to go with it.

Well holy hell, the gates of snackdom crashed open. I ended up having that, some frozen watermelon chunks and a Sarah Lee single serve cheesecake.

My weight is up by 1.5 lbs this morning compared to yesterday morning!

What do you think triggered the snack attack? The weight/water retention?

I was at my daughters piano recital yesterday and was SO good, didn't have one naughty thing, tried to look at all the cookies, cakes and other goodies like they were poison. I was proud of myself for resisting.

What are your triggers?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Cheese.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Home baked goods....I have no interest whatsoever in commercial baked goods, but when I bake something for my kiddos...oh man. I have a hard time resisting, especially if it is near 'that time' of the month.

jadeocean is offline Member
    +1 on homebaked goodies! Sugar cookies may be the worst! I'm starting to wonder if heavy cream is a new one, man is it good! and macadamias better not step foot in my house!

I'm pretty good controlling what I eat, but if I do make a choice to put something bad in, especcially if it has sugar in it then I start wanting more and more, I know not to even go there.(but I slip up once in a awhile!)
    Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
    Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Max[imilian] is offline Senior Member
    Pancakes with butter and lots of syrup

Grol is offline Senior Member
    I seem to eat nuts almost uncontrollably every two or three days. I can't decide if I should just eliminate them or try to develop the ability to an ounce or less a day. Thankfully, they don't trigger other foods, but they don't need to. I probably had a 1000 calories in nuts yesterday and under 2000 total.

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    Well, I'm wondering if it was the nuts that started the snack binge last night. And today, my joints and muscles feel really sore, which to me screams reaction.

For the baked good thing, I just don't make any here, but I buy it from vendors at my market for the girls. They LOVE banana bread and I bought them a mini loaf this week. I've managed very well to abstain, no matter how badly I want some. I know that if I had made some, the combination of the smell in the house and seeing the squidgy yumminess as I moved them from the pan to a container would do me in.

The fear of having a massive binge is what stops me having 'cheats' like some people advocate.
    I'm the same as a couple of you guys though - nuts can totally set me off even when i'm not particularly hungry, macadamias and cashews are the worst i think.
    I've tried to remedy it by buying nuts that are in bags of a single serving otherwise i'd just stand with the bag and be unable to stop myself.
    There's got to be some science behind the nut thing surely, especially if others a re experiencing it too?

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Max[imilian] View Post
    Pancakes with butter and lots of syrup
    this is your trigger food? .......something wrong with this picture!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    Cheese.
    +111111111111111111111111 raw goat to be exact....and cold congealed cooked ground beef(no idea why but i can eat it by the pounds)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast