Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Burpee Challenge!

Hybrid View

Burpee Challenge!

I started yesterday, plan on finishing November 7.

Here's the jist:

Day 1- do one burpee
    Day 2- do two burpees...

Day 99- 99 burpees
    Day 100- 100 burpees to be done

Missed days have to be made up. So don't skip any, or you'll be really sorry.
    There's still plenty of time to "buy in" and join the fun!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

This sounds fun I will get caught up today.

Quote Originally Posted by NativeHoodrat View Post
    This sounds fun I will get caught up today.
    Yay!
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Had to investigate exactly what a burpee is. Looks like a version of the old "bend and thrust" that my USMC drill instructors in boot camp used as punishment for our platoon if we screwed up, but without a leap at the end. (30+ years ago, BTW...)

I can immediately see the value of the burpee for strength, endurance, and power. Think I'm gonna figure out the best place to work it into my routine to some degree. Under the OP's challenge, at first it would be a novelty movement in conjunction with my other exercises. At some point it would have to become a workout unto itself...

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I hate burpees!!!!!!

My karate Sensei loves making us do them, and man; they're worse then push-ups, sit-ups and squats put together!!

But...okay I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I hate burpees!!!!!!

My karate Sensei loves making us do them, and man; they're worse then push-ups, sit-ups and squats put together!!

But...okay I'm in!
    Hating burpees means that you really need them!

Day 3 = 3
    Plus I got caught up the other day.

I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.

Quote Originally Posted by RC3435 View Post
    I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.
    I don't know what overdoing it means for you, so you'd have to use your own judgement. I think for most people, 100 burpees would take 10-20 minutes to complete, if done all at once. So yes, this can be a workout in and of itself.

i put my back out (very bad) doing a burpee challenge similar to this.

2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life