Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burpee Challenge! page 2

elfman5150 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Look up "8 count body builders." My father used to do them in the Navy, and they are a kick-a$$ workout to say the least. I know SEALS use them as well. I think I"ll try this as well

Ryancarter1986 is offline Senior Member
    Will jump on the bandwagon after holidays & start training @ gym again ! Will have it noted on locker or I will forget with a little tally chart also!

From London England UK

Pebbles1969 is offline Junior Member
    I will join as well! Mine will be modified at first, but it's better than nothing!

NativeHoodrat is offline Junior Member
    Day 3 = 3
    Plus I got caught up the other day.

RC3435 is offline Junior Member
    I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC3435 View Post
    I'm doing the 666 workout, would doing this Burpee challenge be doing to much. I know it wouldn't be to much at first but towards the end I think it would turn into a workout all it's own. What about doing it on my off days. I would like to do it but don't want to overdo it either.
    I don't know what overdoing it means for you, so you'd have to use your own judgement. I think for most people, 100 burpees would take 10-20 minutes to complete, if done all at once. So yes, this can be a workout in and of itself.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

stewie97 is offline Member
    is your challenge 100 burpees all at once? or are you splitting them up throughout the day as the numbers get higher?

primaltaco is offline Junior Member
    100 burpees = 7 minutes for me... good way to wake up!!!!!

SophieScreams is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stewie97 View Post
    is your challenge 100 burpees all at once? or are you splitting them up throughout the day as the numbers get higher?
    You can split them up. Totally legal.

I'm only on Day 6, and so far, it's easiest to just do them as soon as I wake up, before my brain catches on to what's happening. As the challenge goes on, I'll probably make myself do 20-30 first thing every morning.
    "Need to pee? Nope. Twenty burpees, then you can pee."
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

dragonjax is offline Senior Member
    I have to wait until I see my physical therapist this week to see if I am cleared for burpees. (Recovering from ACL reconstruction surgery; I'm seeing my surgeon in 21 days to see if I finally can return to regular activity, including taekwondo.) So...It could be that on August 27, I'll have to do er, 27 burpees. But what a way to celebrate...!
    F, 43 years old, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast